Arlovski/Nelson-- Worst standup ever??

Yeah, I know... 6mos ago called. Whatever.

I'm just rewatching the Arlovski/Nelson fight for the first time since it was live. That stand up from cross-side has to be one of the worst stand ups in recent history.

Seriously, can anyone think of another one that was such bullshit?

^^^ whatever man!

AA wasn't getting out of there. Very tough call for Nelson...I thought it was a horrible decision and it saved AA's ass.

Old news, but I agree 100%. I had the exactly the same thought at the time. WTF? If one fighter has side control, you don't stand them up, even if the audience wants to see the fighters bang.

There have been standups in local level Mass. MMA where people have had locked in subs and been made to get back up.

I felt horrible for Nelson - they were basically telling him he wasn't allowed to win.

His robbery against Rothwell made that stand up even worse - he can't catch a break.

i like nelson cause he is fat like me

The one in Cage Rage where they stood up Baroni right after he took mount was pretty egregious.

Kevin Mulhall stood up Igor Gracie from mount on a Ring of Combat show not that long ago, which was also pretty bad.

I remember Jason Lambert pounding on Babalu at UFC 68 when he got stood up.

Wouldn't be that big a deal, but Matt Hughes dryhumped Lytle for 3 rounds on the same card. I'm pretty sure Lambert connected with more shots in that minute before getting stood up than Hughes connected with in 3 rounds.

Max

This bad restart not only helped AA win this fight, but he made a ton of money after this bout...geez, he needs to give that ref a cut

Wonder what happens if you refuse to get up, keep applying the sub and get the tap?

Amazing how some fuckers never get stood up though

HELWIG -  Wonder what happens if you refuse to get up, keep applying the sub and get the tap?

Didn't Allan Goes do this once? Maybe against Ximo?

Max

"Didn't Allan Goes do this once? Maybe against Ximo?"

Interesting, hadnt heard about that.

Im now curious what would be the decision?

You had a head and arm choke, the ref calls break because he thinks you dont have anything and declares a standup. You keep squeezing and the guy taps out.

They couldnt just re-start the fight on the feet could they?

Let it go its MMA anything can happen when UFC stood Cro Cop/Gonzaga up they got the backfire of a lifetime

I was gonna mention that Cro Cop/Gonzaga one too. I was rooting for Cro Cop but after that standup, I was soo happy with the result.

HELWIG -  "Didn't Allan Goes do this once? Maybe against Ximo?"

Interesting, hadnt heard about that.

Im now curious what would be the decision?

You had a head and arm choke, the ref calls break because he thinks you dont have anything and declares a standup. You keep squeezing and the guy taps out.

They couldnt just re-start the fight on the feet could they?

Interesting situation. I remeber chuck being put to sleep when th round ended and he didnt get up the fight was called. machida knocked thaigo silva out right at the bell

Ive seen a lot of BJJ matches where two fighters clinch and start to go out of bounds. As they step over the line, one guy pulls guard.

The ref then tries to restart them in the center of the ring on the ground. The guy who got guard pulled on him refuses to go down and tells the ref they were standing when they went out.

In every case the ref eventually forces the guy to the ground.

My sensei Dave Garcia told me he had a full arm triangle on wald bloise and was stood up.