Arlovski to Make 39th Appearance

6 Likes

2 Likes

Fights come together fast these days, and if you blink, you can easily miss them. In Fight Roundup, we bring you the latest reported matchups to keep you up to date with what’s on the horizon.

All bouts featured have been officially announced or confirmed with MMA Fighting’s Guilherme Cruz, Mike Heck, and Damon Martin via sources with knowledge of the matchups.

Marcos Rogerio de Lima

Photo by Chris Unger/Zuffa LLC

Andrei Arlovski vs. Marcos Rogerio de Lima

Andrei Arlovski will soon be one step closer to UFC appearance No. 40.

The former heavyweight champion fights Marcos Rogerio de Lima (19-8-1) at the UFC’s upcoming Oct. 29 event, a bout that marks Arlovski’s 39th outing for the promotion that he has competed for since 2000. A location has yet to be officially announced for the card.

Combate was first to report the matchup.

At 43, Arlovski (34-20, 2 NC) finds himself on his longest win streak since 2016, with four straight decision nods over Jake Collier, Jared Vanderaa, [Carlos Felipe](Carlos Felipe Fight News - MMA Fighting De Lima is coming off of a unanimous decision loss to Blagoy Ivanov at UFC 274 this past May. “Pezao” is 4-3 since returning to the heavyweight division in 2018.elipe), and Chase Sherman. His most recent win over Collier — a controversial split call — gave him six victories in his past seven fights and improved his UFC record to 23-14 (1 NC).

Damn AA

i love andre but he isnt what he should have been

4 Likes

they have been riding his train for 2 decades ? Now !

1 Like

2 Likes

Haven’t paid attention to him in a while, had to look him up.
He’s 6-1 since start of 2020!
May as well go for 40 appearances I guess!

9 Likes

I always say he’s going to be the first death inside the octagon. The kicker is, it won’t even be from the fight, just old age/natural causes.

8 Likes

Always enjoyed watching him. He was in a universal soldier movie …I was watching it then I was like wtf that’s arlovski

3 Likes

Crazy thing too is he had 14 fights outside UFC in between his 2 UFC runs and those 14 fights were pretty much same level of competition.

4 Likes

I remember watching him as a kid, I liked his gumshield.

4 Likes

How taste…

Oh nevermind.

5 Likes

Fuck me how long has he been on the scene. It’s gotta be 20+ years since I first saw him…

2 Likes

2 Likes

I can remember when he started shaving his body hair,then he started losing fights.

But that pattern changed after awhile.

2 Likes

It’s up to 24 years.

1 Like

Apparently Jim Miller is the only other with more fights in the UFC.

5 Likes