Armbar Like A Black Belt

BigEyedFish - 
trianglinho - @daniel as a brown belt do you really expect to learn something new when you click a video about the the armbar? (unless Rickson is posting it).

very good technique for beginners. now i try to armbar like jacare though...

I was at a Rickson seminar last year that was almost exclusively black and brown belts. He asked several black belts to come in and show the armbar and the first half dozen or so of them, according to Rickson, were not doing it correctly.

yes i have heard of blackbelts attending his seminar that were blown away at how much they learned about the upa mount escape.

^ exactly. Those two techniques were also taught from a different perspective. Great little details on all of the (basic) techniques he shows at his seminars.

"Boom! Immediately!"

elgringo - Can you guys answer my armbar from the mount teaching question?

When teaching beginners who have never been taught the armbar from mount, which style of armbar from mount do you show them? I really only know two.

1. The way in the video above. I'd say this is the older more traditional style.

2. The way where you push your knees into a really high mount, and isolate an arm by establishing an S-mount. This is more of a pressure and positional approach, as opposed to quickly swinging around.

Which one should you teach first? Both? Another type? Thanks for any input.
Teach as many as possible because students should learn an armbar for various situations and various body types.  I have several armbars from mount that I use....a few of them are very similar in look but the hip pressure is slightly different.  I also encompass attacks when my opponent attempts an escape right off the bat.  (not once you have the arm fully extended)

Jeremy, have you considered getting an external mic for your videos? It might help your presentation if you weren't yelling at me the whole time.

I personally like Jiu Jitsu videos on the youtubes - whatever gets me thinking about Jiu Jitsu can't be a bad thing, as long as they're done by qualified instructors who have something original to add to the conversation.

always great to see your vidios. 90% of the BJJ guys out there can learn something from even a basic video. I love to see different people show a simple move as each one invariably stesses some small detail that makes it "work" for them. Keep up the good work. P

Should be titled

"Armbar (a whitebelt) like a Blackbelt"

The whitebelt also stops doing that very early on in training.

Jiu Jitsu Player - Should be titled

"Armbar (a whitebelt) like a Blackbelt"

The whitebelt also stops doing that very early on in training.

What a great first post! It's awesome to have someone of your intelligence on here.

It's nice to have a LEGIT BJJ source on YouTube done well. Thank you Jeremy and keep them coming!