Arms burning out driving go kart (seriously)

So, I am going to be running a full season in a 125cc shifter kart in the Colorado Karting Tour this year. I know many will think I'm fucking around, but I am not, the thing is an absolute beast to hustle around the track and is a real workout. My cardio is fine, but my arms are burning out.

80 mph, no power steering, twisting, fast tracks. High grip, major g forces, no suspension, getting tossed sideways through the air while holding the wheel and trying to keep it on the track(road course) is way more difficult than it looks. After a 12 minutes session it feels like you were just in a bar fight. Sweaty, sore, and arms are toast. I'm not saying I can't do it, but my arms burning up toward the end of a session to the point where it hurts my lap times.

My question for the fitness guys here, what types of workouts can help my arms to stop burning out? I do bjj 3-4 nights a week. It's the arms burning out that's getting to me. Surprisingly, grip needs some work too.

Anyone thinking I'm trolling, go turn fast laps in a real race kart and check back in. It's brutal.

Bro, my arms burn out on the normal go carts after 6 laps.  You are doin better than me.

replace kart with cock and I believe you.

And to be clear, one session is fine. It's the second, third, etc where it starts to get bad. The races are going to be tougher and will be mixed with a couple days in a row of practice sessions, qualifying, and multiple races. I am prepping for the season, I need to work on the body.

Try just practicing driving the kart a lot till your arms adapt and get stronger.

But in all seriousness, you're arms are probably burning out faster because your forearms and other mucle groups are compensating for your grip. Do grip excerises and forearm rolls and see how that works.

Also, relax your grip as much as you can in the straight aways. 

StrikingMMA - Try just practicing driving the kart a lot till your arms adapt and get stronger.
I am, but would love some stuff I can work on in the gym to really improve.

Another thought is to use a large weight as a steering wheel. Hold it up for a minute or two at a time, turning it like a steering wheel. Maybe a 25 or 50lb.

WikiTheWalrus -

But in all seriousness, you're arms are probably burning out faster because your forearms and other mucle groups are compensating for your grip. Do grip excerises and forearm rolls and see how that works.

Also, relax your grip as much as you can in the straight aways. 

Yeah, relaxing grip is a must but the tracks have few straightaways. I actually shake out my hands on the longer straights. And you are right, I'll error in that.

WikiTheWalrus -

Another thought is to use a large weight as a steering wheel. Hold it up for a minute or two at a time, turning it like a steering wheel. Maybe a 25 or 50lb.

Interesting. I'll give this a shot.

I used to have a piece of wood with a rope through it, tied to a weight. You wind up the rope with your wrists.

Your body will adapt if you're racing enough, if not I imagine doing those battle rope things would work.

Battle ropes would probably be a good exercise to do. 

Great advice guys. And I try to get to the track as much as possible, but it isn't cheap. A set of tires is nearly $300 +$40 track fees + fuel, parts etc. So while I hit the track whenever I can, I need some cross training that doesn't burn every penny I have. If I could, I'd be at the track every day.

Sogsteel -

I bought one of those for a white elephant once. That would probably be a super legit work out lol.

RHJOP is preparing a DVD series on forearm strength, I believe. Do you have the space for a dedicated JO room? It's kind of a necessity for real results.

Stupidnewbie - RHJOP is preparing a DVD series on forearm strength, I believe. Do you have the space for a dedicated JO room? It's kind of a necessity for real results.
Okay Danika

Stupidnewbie - RHJOP is preparing a DVD series on forearm strength, I believe. Do you have the space for a dedicated JO room? It's kind of a necessity for real results.
I am a huge fan of his program, I practice numerous times a day actually. The only issue is that I have to turn left from time to time.

iRacing with Force Feed Back all the way up.