Armwrestler toys with a strongman

at armwrestling, of course.

One of these moments when a strongman doesn't feel that strong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkkL-bAH8H4

That was neat. Phone Post 3.0

my favorite world's strongest man episode was when they somehow thought it was a good idea to have an arm wrestling event. dude on there was acting like a giant prick the whole time and had to go against a former arm wrestler. arm wrestler broke his arm (I'm assuming intentionally)

Technique is critical in arm wrestling but that's still amazing to see.

interesting

Sober - my favorite world's strongest man episode was when they somehow thought it was a good idea to have an arm wrestling event. dude on there was acting like a giant prick the whole time and had to go against a former arm wrestler. arm wrestler broke his arm (I'm assuming intentionally)

Glad I missed that episode!!

Samuelson didn't break that arm on purpose.

TTT for later, but I don't understand how arm wrestling is a thing Phone Post 3.0

Haha. He moved The Mountain!

scourge - Samuelson didn't break that arm on purpose.
Not unknown in arm wrestling.
Happened in an Australian tv show too. Phone Post 3.0

Technique is definitely a factor. Also, I would guess the armwrestler is probably standing on twigs.

For OP

Ministry of Truth - Technique is definitely a factor. Also, I would guess the armwrestler is probably standing on twigs.
You do know some people couldn't care less about legs right? Phone Post 3.0

jasperb -
Ministry of Truth - Technique is definitely a factor. Also, I would guess the armwrestler is probably standing on twigs.
That's also not true. Arm wrestling is a lot about hip drive. Most high level arm wrestlers have tree trunks for legs.

And also, arm wrestling is 90% technique.

One last thing. If you don't 'care' about legs but care about fitness in any arena, you're an idiot. Phone Post 3.0

I think that lean back is the gayest thing about arm wrestling. Not that armwrestling isn't cool and all but I just feel like its cheating, even if it's allowed.

Brigham - 
jasperb -
That's also not true. Arm wrestling is a lot about hip drive. Most high level arm wrestlers have tree trunks for legs.

One last thing. If you don't 'care' about legs but care about fitness in any arena, you're an idiot. Phone Post 3.0

I STAND corrected.

Ministry of Truth -
Brigham - 
jasperb -

I STAND corrected.
Good one chippah Phone Post 3.0

Nice guy too. Watch how he tells the guy to keep looking forward. That's so he doesn't break his fucking arm.... seriously.

Sober - my favorite world's strongest man episode was when they somehow thought it was a good idea to have an arm wrestling event. dude on there was acting like a giant prick the whole time and had to go against a former arm wrestler. arm wrestler broke his arm (I'm assuming intentionally)
Nathan Jones was on the end of that one. He really fancied his chances as well. Don't think he believed there was any way in the world that Magnus Samuelson (being the smallest guy there by quite some way) could beat him.
Didn't go so well! Phone Post 3.0

That was cool.

Is that legal in competition? Dropping down like that? Never watched arm wrestling....well, unless Over the Top counts.

Hawk and Son!!! Phone Post 3.0