Arnold results

what about the kids? who did what?

Relson's promotions are pretty rough and wacky. Kendall's won everything in site and yet after winning his second mundial title he STILL almost never got his brown belt.

I myself was a 6 1/2-7 year blue belt.

In Kendalls case he wants him to be the 1st american to win the mundials blue thru black. So far he's won blue and purple.

Lionel's a good guy as well as being a top level Bjj competitor.

Here are some of the reults I got:

Leo Dalla is in the finals vs. Xande in a stacked division. Xande beat Shonie Carter. Todd margolis won 2 matches then (I think over Steve Hordinski and a saulo student)then lost to Xande in the semis. Nakapan won 2 matches including one over Boca from ATT in from from what I heard was one of the best matches of the day. Dalla beat Rafael Lovato and Rick McCauley.

Monsen is in the finals vs. peDePano. Pe beat Wade Rome in a supposedly conversional match. ATT's other big guy (Buffalo?) beat Rick Migliarese.

Shawn Willams won 1 match then lost to Daniel Moraes. Daniel Moraes lost to Wagney Fabiano. The final is Marcello garcia-Fabiano. fabiano is supposedly winning very impressively.

Chris Savarese

Tribe Fightwear

Chris:

JD Shelley didn't go with Margolis; he arm-barred Ryan Stout, and should have won over Shonie Carter by "advantage points".

Mad Tiger,

Who did Leonel win and lose to?

Wagnney Fabiano is awesome!

the pro no gi was unreal--marcello garcia showed just how good he is in the 165 and under and pe de pano showed that he is a huge girl in the heavy weight, I've never seen anyone complain like that in competition--i can't believe what happened between him and monson, what a bunch of shit--I'm sure there will be lots of talk on this soon...

Is there anywhere you can find full results of all the matches.

donnie

This is a CNP of my post on the "Some Arnold Results" thread:
I just arrived home from the Arnolds and here is what happened:

1. Pe De Pano was beaten twice today. First by me (score should have been 4 to 0 on two takedowns)and I was fucked by Soneca (who reffed the match and is one of Pe De Pano's teachers) and Relson on the match. Ask anyone who was there, I was absolutely FUCKED on this decision. Pe De Pano is a whining pussy and should never even have made it to the finals in the first place. Every time he was scored on or felt that he might be, he would turn and whine to Relson who was not reffing the match and Relson would intervene by instructing the referee. Ask Don Richards, Brian Cimins, Scotty from OTM, Bob Schriber from Combat Do, Todd Margolis, or anyone else who won that match and they will tell you I did. The match was not even close. I will be posting pics and video clips of this match in the next few days.

2. Pe De Pano had a closed guard on Jeff and Jeff clutched behind his head and pulled to get Pe De Pano to open the guard. According to the rules meeting, this was legal as long as the guard was closed but you must release when the guard opens. Jeff never got the chance as Pe De Pano tapped like the true bitch he is the moment Jeff cranked on him. He then got up and started celebrating his "win" and Leo Dalla (the Ref) told them that the match was going to continue and Pano then went and whined to Relson. This went on for twenty minutes. Every time Dalla tried to restart the match, Pano whined to Relson and ultimately they "in a most Gracie type way" DQed Jeff.

Jeff lost his cool because of all this BS and went after Dalla, taking him down. However calmer heads jumped in and it was basically a pushing and shoving match that ensued.

Bottom line is this, Pe De Pano lost twice today, once to me and then to Jeff. Relson and his whole crew can go f&@# themselves. As a two time Arnold Classic Pro Champ (should be three), I will never compete in this event again. I know that by the end of the day many other people and academies felt the same way. This tournament is a disgrace to the sport and to the noble art of Jiu Jitsu.

Wade Rome

Chris:
JD Shelley didn't go with Margolis; he arm-barred Ryan Stout, and should have won over Shonie Carter by "advantage points".

I was told by the ref and judges before my match that thier would be NO advantage points used to score the matches(even though the online video said otherwise?)

I drew Wagney Fabiano in the first round,i had broken a rib about three weeks ago and re-injured it early in the match.After that Wagney easily beat me on points.He is a truly skilled bjj guy.I would love to match up with him again in the future..after many bags of ice though:)

Jason Coomer

Sorry guys. I edited my post to take your friends name out. I was trying to type as I was getting calls from people talking a mile a minute and trying to rememeber all the action. I promised alot of guys at GQ a couple of weeks ago that I would post results as soon as I got them. Sorry if I made him look bad.

Team Fokai,

Leonel beat Don Richards first round in a solid win. I am not sure of the score but I would say he won by 6 or 8 points. Don had a nasty looking footlock on Leonel at one point but Leonel gutted it out and finally escaped from it.

Leonel and I matched up second round and I came out on top 5 to 0 (takedown and guard pass). He is a very tough and likeable guy. His attacks from the guard are relentless.

Wade Rome

#1-if Pe de Pano was whining and Relson was applying pressure, thats a joke

#2-Monson is an idiot for charging Leo Dalla. He was a ref for Christ's sake and my coach.

Brett

ttt

Brett,

Jeff is going to apologize to Leo personally. He simply lost it after all of the BS and misdirected his anger at Leo. Some of our ATT guys spoke with Leo afterwards and told him how sorry we were that happened. Dalla seems like a good guy who wanted the fight to continue but Relson was holding the strings. Please apaologize to Leo for us and Jeff will be getting in touch with him.

Wade Rome

This is why I stayed home

Smart move Chris.

Wade Rome

I just heard a lot of stuff about how it was run as I was getting ready to but my ticket. Most everything I am reading here is exactly what I heard happens. Kinda funny I guess. Glad someone spoke up to me before spending the $ on a ticket. There needs to be an American run tourney that the Brazilians compete in so we can return the favor.

I was sitting beside the family of the guy who tried not to get tapped for three grand. We were on the far other side away from the fight and could still see him forearming the guys mouth because he couldn't get a choke in, and there was only two minutes left. He came over after the fight and needs seven stitches. Pe De Pano's entire forarm was covered in blood.

Our entire section witnessed an obvious brazillian bias on several occasions. The most obvious to me was when De Pano and another guy where fighting and they both stepped out of bounds but both kept fighting and the ref let it continue as they came back in bounds. De Pano was then taken down in the middle of the mat a few seconds later for two points. He and his coach then complained that they had went out of bounds so it shouldn't have counted. The points were deducted and the ref said- My fault on that. Totally bogus.

There were also several decisions that went to brazilians after a tie- many very very questionable. They were too many to count.

I don't hold allegiance to any of the brazillian schools and our school only had one fighter in the tourney who wasn't effected by any bias- so my opinion is neutral and based only on what I saw. There were also some very very good brazillians who didn't need any help.

Three years in a row though, I think it has been a complete sham.

i was a complete joke. i have lost all respect for
many people that were involved in this event. it was
a very bad day for the sport of jiu jitsu.