Arnold Schwarzenegger Confirms ‘Terminator 5?

http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/13/4427946/schwarzenegger-confirms-terminator-5-shooting-in-january

Arnold Schwarzenegger confirms 'Terminator 5' role, shooting to start in January

Arnold Schwarzenegger will become The Terminator once more when Terminator 5 begins shooting in January. That's according to the actor and former governor himself, who spoke to fan site TheArnoldFans.com about his upcoming plans. "I'm very happy that the studios want me to be in Terminator 5 and to star as the Terminator," he said. Schwarzenegger's participation was already known, but exactly what role the 65-year-old would take on was less clear. Paramount Pictures is reportedly set to handle US distribution of the film, taking the mantle from Warner Bros., which distributed previous franchise entrants up to the poorly received Terminator Salvation. Laeta Kalogridis (Shutter Island) and Patrick Lussier (My Bloody Valentine 3D) will be penning the script according to Coming Soon.

Arnold's acting schedule extends beyond sci-fi, too. In the same interview, he confirmed he's currently reading a script for Triplets, a previously announced sequel to Twins, his 1988 buddy comedy with Danny DeVito. The action star will also be reprising his role as Conan the Barbarian in King Conan, which has been described as a direct sequel to his 1982 film that ignores more recent takes on the hero.

they should have him play an old John Connor who is part human but had some parts replaced with cybernetics.

that way he could leverage his oldness, but still be made to do some unbelievable bad ass shit.

https://gs1.wac.edgecastcdn.net/8019B6/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lghmbyQr1d1qgmgjuo1_r1_500.gif

He could play the evil scientitst that created the original terminator.  It would make sense those models were imaged in the likeness of it's creator.

Maybe he will be an old man that is the "human" used as a template for the terminator design...or something.

Or the the T150 Model. Looking like the the T100 model but with bio engineered skin that ages so as to blend in to society more effectively.

So he'll look old as fuck but will still be just as tough.

An old King Conan sounds awesome.

Triplets sounds HORRIBLE.

Soup and Beer - 

He could play the evil scientitst that created the original terminator.  It would make sense those models were imaged in the likeness of it's creator.

This is actually a great idea.

Anyone know if a hard gym run, supplemented by all the best pharmaceuticals, would improve a 65-year old that much?

Or is 65 past the point of diminished returns?

In his autobiography he says Eddie Murphy is supposed to star as the third 'Triplet' brother

Oldies doing a Rolling Stones on Hollywood

There was a deleted scene from T2 set in the future amongst the resistance where Arnie plays some gung-ho general with a hilarious Southern drawl.

IIRC it was implied that the T-100 was based on him as a model.

Luncha Libre - Maybe he will be an old man that is the "human" used as a template for the terminator design...or something.
This is exactly what I was thinking. I like/love every Terminator movie, but if he's just playing a straight up terminator, I don't think I can buy into that. He's got to play the human that the terminator was modeled after. Phone Post 3.0

Whatever they do, they need to embrace the old man aspect of it. I don't want them to try and mask it.

I like the ideas presented so far, either they go in the future and have him as the man the terminator was designed after, or they work it into the script that they need a terminator that will blend in more easily as an old man for the specific task at hand.

Luncha Libre - Maybe he will be an old man that is the "human" used as a template for the terminator design...or something.

They did that in TERMINATOR 3 but then cut the scene.

Feelz Good -
Luncha Libre - Maybe he will be an old man that is the "human" used as a template for the terminator design...or something.
This is exactly what I was thinking. I like/love every Terminator movie, but if he's just playing a straight up terminator, I don't think I can buy into that. He's got to play the human that the terminator was modeled after. Phone Post 3.0
This would be awesome. Phone Post 3.0

Well fuck it I'm in

And also I may be the only one who thought terminator salvation wasn't that awful Phone Post 3.0

crazydave -

Nice.

You are fast becoming my favorite poster. Phone Post

Wonderboysleftlung - Well fuck it I'm in

And also I may be the only one who thought terminator salvation wasn't that awful Phone Post 3.0

I didn't hate it either. I might need to go back and watch it this weekend.

hopefully its a lot like T1 and 2.

3 was garbage.