Arrested on gun charges in DC...prosecutors not..

Seen a few reports on this with varying stories but most of them have it as

One of the people arrested in DC was a person named Logan Grimes from Michigan. Was charged with with carrying a pistol without a license, unregistered ammo & large magazine ( over 10 rounds ) when cops pulled over the car he ( she, is transgendered ) was in.

Father ( & stepfather..both interviewed in different articles ) came out saying his son, actually goes be Leslie because he is transgendered, is anti trump like the rest of the family. Said he didn't know why he was there but if he was it was to document things because his son is active with BLM protests to fight for social justice.

One article the father said he didn't know why he was there. Another said he was probably there to document because his son is into filming and "keeps his eyes on groups like the proud boys" and was there to protest. That he saw a post on facebook of his son saying he was going there.

Said he didn't know his son had a gun. Another said his son is a gun hobbyist when he was younger.

Only saw one article that said he was there with a group of friends and got kicked in the chest, they got in a car and drove away and got pulled over.

Only one article said that the father thought it may have been someone elses gun and his son was just taking the blame for it? That his son didn't know it was in there ( apparently was found in the trunk? )

Rest of the articles are just rambling about how the father hates Trump blah blah blah

Well apparently the prosecutors aren't pushing charges...w t f

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2021/01/08/prosecutors-wont-proceed-charges-against-michigan-woman-arrested-capitol-storming/6602945002/

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2021/01/07/us-capitol-riot-michigan-arrestee-ant-itrump/6588851002/

Just google other shit if you want to read like I am because I am on the shitter

4 later

Fantastic news.

I’m sure this means that Trump supporters no longer have to worry about carrying in DC.

4 Likes

This is (one of the reasons) why I oppose new Gun laws... Why put more on the books when we don’t even enforce the ones we have.

1 Like
amadeus -

This is (one of the reasons) why I oppose new Gun laws... Why put more on the books when we don’t even enforce the ones we have.

Yep.

I don’t own a gun so not up on all the laws but I thought one of the big things announced prior to the rally/protest was no guns allowed.

If it was in the trunk of the car and not his car, why wouldn’t the driver get charged?

If it was not registered to anyone in the car, why didn’t they all get charged?

Basically political enforcement. They were BLM activists so they got off

1 Like
FreightTrain - Fantastic news.

I’m sure this means that Trump supporters no longer have to worry about carrying in DC.

youd have a case for selective enforcement

THEY WILL PUT YOUR WHITE ASS UNDER THE JAIL. 

amadeus -

Didnt they throw the head of the Proud Boys in jail recently in DC charge him for having 2 high capacity magazines in his posession (no firearms)?

John Cable -

THEY WILL PUT YOUR WHITE ASS UNDER THE JAIL. 

Now what about someone like me? 

A Trump voter who's Hispanic? Could I play my race card? Or is it voided now?

Sogsteel -
amadeus -

Didnt they throw the head of the Proud Boys in jail recently in DC charge him for having 2 high capacity magazines in his posession (no firearms)?

Yes and he should have known better than to have those magazines as well. 

He's a felon for selling medical devices or something like that without a license. 

He didn’t get charged because I could have gotten it thrown out. 

Sogsteel -
amadeus -

He was actually arrested because he had a warrant for a hate crime and destruction of property because last month he burned a BLM flag taken from a "historically black church".

The new DOJ civil rights leader kristen clarke is the one who is sueing on behalf of the church.

“Transgendered” is improper derivation, in the same way that “OP is faggoted” is.

Was this person inside the building, or accused of being part of any other crimes from that event? 

Just curious, and not saying they shouldn't be pursued for the possession charges.