Arrow TV show

I could swear I read on the OG that this show was really good.
I have it on netflix and I've watched 3 episodes.
so far, pretty queer.
does it get better?

It definitely has a strong element of appealing to the active and latent homosexual. However, it does have good atmospherics and some excellent action sequences.

jake11 - I could swear I read on the OG that this show was really good.
I have it on netflix and I've watched 3 episodes.
so far, pretty queer.
does it get better?

The consensus on the GG was that the last 1/3 of season 1 really hits it's stride and season 2 is solid.  My advice would be to stick with it, and fast forward any scene with Laurel.

This place raves about so I started watching. 5 episodes in and it's not even remotely good. And this is coming from a guy who's watched all 9 seasons of Supernatural twice. Phone Post 3.0

Season 2 is incredible

With out the eye candy this show blows.
Most farfetched over the top villains and do many poorly thought out scenarios.

I watched season 1 and I'm trying to make it through 2 now but it's not gonna happen Phone Post 3.0

Finished season 1 last night. I enjoy it Phone Post 3.0

It's ok ...
Flash may be cool. Phone Post 3.0

I'm halfway through season 1 .... I'm having trouble liking it ... maybe I'll get the flu this winter and binge watch it .

It does get better. Season 1 had a lot of soap opera moments, but season 2 gets away from that; outside of any scene Thea is in. Phone Post 3.0

I think in Season 1 they started off trying to be too serious and it came off as cheesy. Once they embraced the superhero aspect, it got much better.

Question for all you raving about season 2...I think we're maybe 3-5 episodes in and I'm just not seeing it. The Arrow seems to have become a wuss; not wanting to kill and giving chance after chance. Does that change or am I just missing something? Phone Post 3.0

Tam700 - Question for all you raving about season 2...I think we're maybe 3-5 episodes in and I'm just not seeing it. The Arrow seems to have become a wuss; not wanting to kill and giving chance after chance. Does that change or am I just missing something? Phone Post 3.0

People tend to like Season 2 because it focuses more on Slade/Deathstroke.

I like it a lot. Dumb fun.

I'll never forgive Arrow for stealing the Kanima from the greatest show of all time. Phone Post 3.0

Felicity is the most underrated hot chick on the show.

Hm. I was hooked from the 1st ep, so maybe my opinion won't apply to you, OP. But I definitely think this is a show that just gets better and better. Stunts/fights are awesome. Engaging story with enough twists to keep me interested, but not so many that it gets ridiculous. And yeah, the girls are all beautiful!

"Question for all you raving about season 2...I think we're maybe 3-5 episodes in and I'm just not seeing it. The Arrow seems to have become a wuss; not wanting to kill and giving chance after chance. Does that change or am I just missing something?"

I am with you, and for the first couple eps of season 2 felt the exact same way. One of the things I loved about the show in season one was its more realistic take on superhero violence. I mean, you're not going to be shooting razor tipped arrows from a high powered bow and not be killing people! However, I understood what they were trying to do by having him transition from vigilante to hero, so I stuck it out. And I was not disappointed! Season 2 becomes so intense and action packed by the end, I loved it.

YMMV

Although I will say that every time I see Black Canary in her costume all I can think about is Booberella from the Simpsons pandering to the camera and saying, "Look at my BOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBSSS!" lol

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130206052636/lossimpson/es/images/f/fe/L.png