Art of hockey fighting

Hypothetical match ups:

Tie Domi vs Roy Jones (in the ring)

Brian Boitano vs Shane Moseley (on the ice, with skates)

I have play fought with dale purinton of the NY rangers. He has a strategy to his fight game. He has all sorts of tricks that he uses to win his fights. His favourite thing is to lock on to both arms of his opponent, one is held in his armpit the other is held by the sleeve. he then feeds the guy bombs with his other hand. I have wrestled some of Canada's strongman compettitors as well as collegiate wrestlers and I can say that I have never met anyone who has come close to that level of clinch/grip strength. I think that hockey fighting is as applicalbe to martial arts as Judo, sambo or greco.

Brad Jones from American Jiujitsu in kansas City used this tactic once.He ofught Brett Hogg(just lost to Bobish) and took Brett down.As Brett tried to get up Brad pulled his shirt over his head and proceeded to wail away on Brett's head causing the ref to stop the fight.

Now whenever I call Brad's house I ask to speak to Mr. Gretzky

Are you guys serious!!! I mean what the hell are you talking about, hockey players who get pissed off at each other and start swinging wildly at each other!!!??? Hockey is for hockey, you don't see players going to practice for hockey to fight, you just don't, so stop acting like morons!

Toughest enforcer by far was Dave Tiger Williams. Use to play for the Leafs at one point. Guy would fight at the drop of a hat.

Use to train at a boxing gym in Southern Ontario that some hockey players, especially the goons, from Sault Ste. Marie would train in also. Nice fellas but tough sons of bitches. They were always in shape. Not exactly contender material but I wouldn't want to tangle with any of them out in some fuckin alley.

The Twister is the best ever.

Skates or no skates, I'd rock your mother freakin' bell. You McDojo rats make me laugh. You think up real fighting situations in your heads, then type about them and discuss them with your McSensei's. Fact is that hockey fighting is probably one of the closest fighting sceneio's to a real fight. None of that fancy stuff, just meat and potatoes.

Oh geez, Dave effin Brown, brings back memories. Yup, first class goon he be. But no one was as nuts as Tiger Williams, he cracked Bowman (Sabres coach) on the head with a stick for cryin out loud.

People have been KO'd in hockey fights and it wasn't their head hitting the ice that caused it(although that does happen too), so they must be able to produce some power.

3 cheers for el guapo...that is some funny stuff.

I love the trash talking forums. All the hockey players I've ever known were just plain crazy..they would scrap anytime, but that doesnt mean they are tough...just too dumb to know better.

This forum is almost as great as mmaman's thread challenging all grapplers against his striking and grapplers awareness.

MAYBE a hockey player would beat a boxer on the ice with both wearing skates and hockey pads/uniform. MAYBE.

But on normal ground, no way.