Artem Suing McG For Proper Millions

sure sure

I believe Conor probably is shafting Lobov, but if you can’t prove it it don’t mean shit. I don’t think Conor values old friendship more than 30 million

1 Like

prolly

It wouldn’t be difficult to see 5% being discussed back then. Artem presents the deal to him, Conor says great let me give you 1m, Artem says nah, just give me 5% if you ever sell it. Even before, presents the deal, says just give me 5% if you ever sell it, Conor responds, how about you take 1 m now.

Lobov initiated his High Court action yesterday, and it is understood he will claim an agreement existed entitling him to 5pc of the proceeds McGregor got from the sale.

Lobov previously claimed he was offered $1m (€970,000) by McGregor but turned it down.

The joke of course is this. That’s why vodka was his first choice. :lying_face:

Mcgregor has stated that his whiskey name is inspired by Mcgregor growing up in Dublin’s Dublin 12 neighborhood and his grandfather Christopher “Jakes” Moore who has taught him the ins and outs of whiskey distillation.

I have spent a lifetime studying this craft under the tutelage of my late Grandfather on my mother’s side, Christopher “Jakes” Moore, and I have put just over 3 years into the making of this liquid alone.

McGregor’s response to Lobov arrived the same day he raised further questions about his status with the UFC’s anti-doping partner, U.S. Anti-Doping Agency. The Irish star lashed out at Anthony Smith for insinuating he left the USADA drug testing pool to use performance-enhancers for recovery, calling the UFC light heavyweight vet a “loser.” Amid his rant, he also appeared to acknowledge the truth of Smith’s critique, writing that his treatment plan for a broken leg was “approved” by USADA.
As McGregor’s actions are debated in the court of public opinion, his battle with Lobov in a courtroom is pending. The former UFC featherweight and bare-knuckle brawler claims he played a major part in helping McGregor’s popular whiskey, Proper 12, come to fruition and wants a 5 percent cut of the $600 million McGregor got when he sold the brand to Proximo Spirits.

McGregor remains on the mend from the broken leg he suffered in a trilogy with Dustin Poirier at UFC 264. He recently completed filming on an Amazon remake of the cult hit “Road House,” for which he bulked up considerably, spurring questions about his drug testing status.

Lobov is suing McGregor for 30 million dollars after he claimed he was the brains behind McGregor’s Proper 12 whiskey company. McGregor decided that going through the court was not the way he wanted to settle things and instead invited Lobov to his gym for a little fisticuffs.

“This is callout to Artem ‘the fanny, furly-pad’ Lobov. I’m challenging you to a fight tonight, 10:30 p.m. at SBG Concord, and we’ll fight for the whole lot,” McGregor said in a now-deleted Tweet. “We’ll fight for the whole lot. Going through and having lawyers message me about defamation and all this, suing and all. You’re a little blouse-mate. We’ll see you at SBG Concord tonight at 10:30 p.m. and we’ll fight you for the whole lot, yeah? Answer this fucking callout, yeah, you little blouse.”

Has anyone actually confirmed the lawsuit?

I have a feeling this is just a publicity stunt. Lobov supposedly has a book coming out.

MMA journalist Ariel Helwani has called on former two-division UFC champion Conor McGregor and Artem Lobov to figure out a way to end their legal dispute.

While McGregor and Lobov, a former UFC fighter who retired from combat sports following consecutive bare-knuckle boxing losses, formed one of MMA’s most notable friendships during their time as teammates at Dublin’s SBC Ireland gym, that appears to have come crashing down.

Last month, Lobov filed a lawsuit against his former training partner, suing the former UFC lightweight and featherweight titleholder for a sum in the region of $30 million. With the legal action, “The Russian Hammer” claimed to have come up with the brand name of McGregor’s now-massively successful beverage, Proper No. Twelve Irish Whiskey.

In addition, the Irishman recently suggested that Lobov is now also suing him for defamation, labeling the former fighter an “uncooked sausage” whilst alleging the new legal action
One man who’s familiar with both men’s journey in combat sports and their once-close relationship, Canadian reporter Helwani, has called on both men to settle things quickly and amicably.

Helwani Pleads With McGregor & Lobov To “Figure” Conflict Out

During the Q&A section of a recent episode of The MMA Hour, host Helwani gave his take on the ongoing feud between McGregor and Lobov.

While he admitted to not knowing the intricacies of the issue and what’s going on behind the scenes in the pair’s legal battle, the renowned reporter noted that seeing the pair fall out is sad to see.

With that, Helwani is hoping to see them figure out their issues and perhaps even become friends again down the line.

“I would love to say to Conor and Artem, ‘Please figure out a way to end this in the most amicable way possible.’ I know that those two had a great friendship and a great relationship,” Helwani said. “Artem was extremely loyal and Conor, I think, was extremely loyal back to him. You saw the emotion when Artem would win and you saw the emotion when Conor would win. That’s not fake.

“I don’t know what happened behind the scenes… It seems like it’s very personal and very sensitive. Unfortunately, these things happen when money is involved. As someone who knows both of them, to a degree… it kind of makes me sad,” Helwani added. “No one wants to see them taking sh*t about each other, lawsuits, and all this stuff. I sincerely hope there’s a way… figure this out, go on their merry way, and maybe be friends again down the line, or not… It really bums me out. This is one of the great friendships in the sport.”

Helwani concluded by pleading with the pair to reach the end of their animosity soon enough, for the good of an MMA community that witnessed their friendship blossom.

“Please, on behalf of the MMA community, can we figure this out? Can we be friends again?”

Slow going, the next filing will be the Statement of Claim which will reveal everything. Got 2 months to file it though.

The plaintiff has an initial period of 8 weeks to deliver the statement of claim after the defendant has entered an appearance.

Former UFC featherweight “Hammer” Artem Lobov was known for his aggressive offense inside the cage and it appears the one-time “Ultimate Fighter” will be taking the same approach in court, evidenced by a second lawsuit in the works against former friend and SBG Ireland training partner Conor McGregor.

Lobov is accusing McGregor of a “concerted social media barrage” with the intent of “harassing, intimidating and defaming him,” according to a new report from Independent.ie, claiming a “Notorious” retaliation for the original lawsuit Lobov filed just last month over the uneven wealth distribution of Proper 12 whiskey.

And by uneven I mean “Lobov got jack squat.”
In his soon-to-be-released book Lobov details the genesis of Proper 12 and alleges the entire operation was his idea and that “Notorious” instructed him to handle all the research and planning before the execution, relying on “The Hammer’s” college degree and copious contacts in the beverage distribution industry.

Read Lobov’s story firsthand right here.
When news broke of the lawsuit, McGregor voiced his displeasure by calling Lobov a “rat” and according to the report, McGregor’s father also joined the “social media barrage” by lighting up Lobov on Instagram. No word yet on what kind of damages Lobov is seeking in his latest lawsuit but the first is calling for up to $30 million.

Stay tuned.

LOL At McWhiskey

Lobov Laswsuit number 2

JFC shut the fuck up Ariel.

2 Likes