Artest:wantsTime off for RapAlbum?

Artest asked Carlisle to sit down

By JON KRAWCZYNSKI, AP Sports Writer

November 10, 2004

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Indiana Pacers forward Ron Artest said Wednesday that he asked coach Rick Carlisle for time off because of a busy schedule that included promoting a soon-to-be released rap album, which led to his two-game benching.

Artest held a short news conference before Wednesday night's game against the Los Angeles Clippers, and in his usual ambiguous manner, tried to explain why he was benched.

Artest said that he asked Carlisle for as much as a month off to heal his aching body and recover from a particularly busy schedule.

The 24-year-old is scheduled to release his debut rap album later this month and has been spending a lot of time making promotional appearances.

I've been doing a little bit too much music, just needed the rest,'' Artest said.I've still got my album coming out Nov. 23. After the album comes out I'm going to make sure all of my time is focused on winning a championship.''

It's the latest in a long line of controversial situations for Artest, ranging from destroying television monitors at Madison Square Garden two years ago to missing the team flight to Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals at Detroit last season.

more

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-pacers-artest&prov=ap&type=lgns

lol, what a freaking tool.

IDIOT!

LoL Artest is such a freaking fruit loop.

ahahah, Artest is the man!

He scores 27 points with O'Neal gone and then he wants to go leave the NBA for his shitty rap album.

Bidness Man

I cannot believe the way some of these guys think....

he needs to rest his body lmfao

how many months does he actually play basketball??

Now he needs time off to rest in the first week of the season??

I heard when the interviewer asked him about integrity, he replied "Integrity? Whats that?  Ill have to ask my father..."

when they asked him about being suspended for "conduct detrimental to the integrity of the team" he said he did not know what integrity meant.

I could understand if he went HS to NBA but this guy went to St. Johns, makes them look bad imo.