"Artists quit jobs to build glass house for $500"

This is a popular story that's been picked up by dozens of sites, and everyone is so amazed and inspired by these young people following their dream of picking up old windows out of garbage piles and nailing them together to make a beautiful home in the woods.

But it's a lie that it only cost them $500, plus they built it on the guy's rich family's land, plus the "building" has no plumbing or electricity, plus they're not even going to pretend to live in it. Plus they both have jobs, apparently they took a summer off to play in the woods because they have rich families and don't have to worry about bills. Such noble sacrifices they made for art.

This story is just a fake example of "following your dreams" that is inspiring idiots to chase an imaginary ideal.

http://homes.yahoo.com/blogs/spaces/young-couple-quit-jobs-build-glass-house-500-204553074.html

White people problems.  Live in the most technologically advance country in the world, yet go living as a smelly fucken hipster.

I want to throw stones Phone Post 3.0

They don't live there at all. They both live in Milwaukee now, the shack/fort is in West Virginia. It's their "escape".

So she's 23 years old and she has a summer home/escape. Such a starving artist, this article really inspires me to quit my job and follow my dream like these kids did so successfully.

lol I just got flamed on a girl's facebook page because I criticized the dream house of glass. This is not a random facebook person, it's a girl who I know in real life. I also know her sister, haven't seen her in a while, but we have a lot of mutual friends and she's hung out at my house/had lunch with me, and she always hugs me and acts excited to see me (because she's a career flirt and treats most guys that way, typical polished sorority girl with manners but no substance).

So she posted this article and said it was an amazing example of following a dream, and I said "But it has no plumbing or electricity, so it's basically a shack and the article is promoting unemployment and homelessness." Several white knights immediately showed up to chastise me for disagreeing with a female on the internet, and I was called a prick, a cunt, and a loser who can't get laid - all because I had something negative to say about the hipster window-fitters.

The girl herself showed up, I guess she took it personally because she's a graphic designer and thinks she's an artist? Anyway she said I was narrow-minded, and I should see more of the world (she just spent the summer in Italy), and I don't know what it means to follow a dream, and not everybody can "aspire" to sell flowers like me (I'm in wholesale supply including flowers, and her boyfriend is a law student so she has dollar signs in her eyes).

I decided to keep it classy and just said "Narrow-minded is when you insult someone for having a different opinion on a blog article. A little healthy realism is good when someone's showing you 2 spoiled rich kids and trying to paint them as role models for starving artists. Apparently you think selling flowers makes me inferior to you and those rich kids, but I never looked down on you when you were a waitress bringing me my beer, flirting for tips from my flower money. Is that what it means to follow a dream - to look down on the people who work every day to pay your bills while you play artist and avoid responsibility?"

She defriended me. I think it was a worthwhile exchange.

FastAndBulbous - lol I just got flamed on a girl's facebook page because I criticized the dream house of glass. This is not a random facebook person, it's a girl who I know in real life. I also know her sister, haven't seen her in a while, but we have a lot of mutual friends and she's hung out at my house/had lunch with me, and she always hugs me and acts excited to see me (because she's a career flirt and treats most guys that way, typical polished sorority girl with manners but no substance).

So she posted this article and said it was an amazing example of following a dream, and I said "But it has no plumbing or electricity, so it's basically a shack and the article is promoting unemployment and homelessness." Several white knights immediately showed up to chastise me for disagreeing with a female on the internet, and I was called a prick, a cunt, and a loser who can't get laid - all because I had something negative to say about the hipster window-fitters.

The girl herself showed up, I guess she took it personally because she's a graphic designer and thinks she's an artist? Anyway she said I was narrow-minded, and I should see more of the world (she just spent the summer in Italy), and I don't know what it means to follow a dream, and not everybody can "aspire" to sell flowers like me (I'm in wholesale supply including flowers, and her boyfriend is a law student so she has dollar signs in her eyes).

I decided to keep it classy and just said "Narrow-minded is when you insult someone for having a different opinion on a blog article. A little healthy realism is good when someone's showing you 2 spoiled rich kids and trying to paint them as role models for starving artists. Apparently you think selling flowers makes me inferior to you and those rich kids, but I never looked down on you when you were a waitress bringing me my beer, flirting for tips from my flower money. Is that what it means to follow a dream - to look down on the people who work every day to pay your bills while you play artist and avoid responsibility?"

She defriended me. I think it was a worthwhile exchange.

Where's he go to law school?

The University of Georgia in Athens, Georgia