Arvydas Sabonis fast break

Sabonis was widely regarded as one of the top 5 players in the world when he was in Europe, before all the years and injuries added up.

"He was highly paid Europe. More than he would ever make playing in the NBA. He knew his market value."

Do you know how much he made?

I can't imagine he's made more money than he would have if he went straight to the NBA back then.

"I can't imagine he's made more money than he would have if he went straight to the NBA back then."

I can. It's the same reason Toni Kukoc took so long to agree to a contract with the Bulls.

In Europe, there's no MLB or NFL. Basketball and soccer are it. So there's a lot more money to go around.

HOLY CRAP!!! Awesome vid, and it proves to me that there was a time when Sabonis could jump. lol

Yeah there was. I've heard him described (talking about his prime years before the NBA) as a white version of David Robinson circa 1991, with a jump shot.

Considering David Robinson's stat line in his first 5 years in the league, Sabonis could have been the greatest white player ever in the NBA.

Portland would have been the next NBA dynasty with Sabonis and Clyde Drexler.

A prime Sabonis on Portland with Drexler would have gotten at least two championships.