Ary Farias' conditioning training!!! (vid)

This kid is a beast...he is tiny and look how much he is lifting!!!

http://jitsmagazine.com/video/bjj-world-champion-workout-ary-farias-xgym

i'm no mark rippetoe, but I don't think his form looked good.

He's really.not tiny Phone Post

poolparty - i'm no mark rippetoe, but I don't think his form looked good.

This is something I have discussed with my strength and conditioning coach and I really dont think proper lifting form is something that is benifial to jiu jitsu athletes. Also I second that Ary is not that small. Hes a hulk man

elburrogrande - This is something I have discussed with my strength and conditioning coach and I really dont think proper lifting form is something that is benifial to jiu jitsu athletes. Also I second that Ary is not that small. Hes a hulk man

Proper form isn't beneficial to jiu jitsu athletes? Have to disagree, proper form reduces the risk of injury. Considering that Ary makes his living from BJJ, remaining injury free has to be a massive consideration.

James

Sir Taps -
elburrogrande - This is something I have discussed with my strength and conditioning coach and I really dont think proper lifting form is something that is benifial to jiu jitsu athletes. Also I second that Ary is not that small. Hes a hulk man

Proper form isn't beneficial to jiu jitsu athletes? Have to disagree, proper form reduces the risk of injury. Considering that Ary makes his living from BJJ, remaining injury free has to be a massive consideration.

James

This. Phone Post

Sub Phone Post

ChokeTheFace - 
Sir Taps -

James

This. Phone Post

completely agree. But I also think that that is something that mostly comes into play for heavy lifters who's goal is to lift more weight than the human body is designed to lift. Ary is not trying to do that, his goal is to balance strength, agility, and flexibility.

Its pretty crazy how he can make light feather. he's going to hurt his wrists with the way he's doing his cleans.

elburrogrande - 
ChokeTheFace - 
Sir Taps -

James

This. Phone Post

completely agree. But I also think that that is something that mostly comes into play for heavy lifters who's goal is to lift more weight than the human body is designed to lift. Ary is not trying to do that, his goal is to balance strength, agility, and flexibility.

I may have misunderstood you, but I would assert that proper form not only reduces the potential for injury, but also allows the lifter to handle more weight (read: get stronger and the myriad of health/fitness benefits that come from that).

So why wouldn't proper form be the goal?

I'm not a fitness professional, but I'm pretty certain that if my cleans looked like that, my personal trainer would stop me and end the workout.

Elbows before hoes. Phone Post