As A Canadian, I’ve Alway Thought America Was...

...pretty great. I don’t think it ever stopped being great. 

I’ve always enjoyed their tv shows and movies, along with all kinds of other things. Every time I’ve traveled there I’ve had great experiences. The people I’ve met there have been great. 

It’s no Canada. We’re awesome, but America has always been great in my eyes. 

I’ve always thought the MAGA thing was weird because of that. I understand why trump got elected and whatnot. I agree with some of his actions and don’t agree with others, but I’ve just always felt he was wrong in saying America stopped being great. 

Maybe I just don’t understand that it wasn’t great because I’m not living there. Maybe I’m misreading the messege. I don’t know, but I think it’s pretty great down there. 

Fucking bunny hugs 

it hasn't stopped being great...the USA has its problems and they are magnified online and in the media but there are huge parts of it that are great still and always

Mostly great people

Mostly horrible politicians backed by billionaires with agendas that are extreme.

8 years of watching hope and change divide our country and  race relations to 1960s level insanity and beyond.

Pointless wars that have been going on so long nobody even noticed anymore.

Unbridled and unchecked immigration.

Bunny hugs are lame. Bunnyhugs, on the other hand, are manly as fuck. 

Its to appease the blacks and white guilt liberals who think america has never been great cause of racism and other forms of bigotry. 

“Unbridled and unchecked immigration.”

Do you mean all immigration, or illegal immigration?  

its a frame of mind, bro. 

please dont refer to us as "mexico touchers"

MAGA is a silly acronym that the latchers latched on to. Made for some great hat sales though. America is amazing, and if I couldn't live in Canada the US would be a top five choice to call home without a doubt.

ranier wolfcastle -

please dont refer to us as "mexico touchers"

Take a hike, you Shatner-stealing Mexico touches!

MountainMedic -

Mostly great people

Mostly horrible politicians backed by billionaires with agendas that are extreme.

8 years of watching hope and change divide our country and  race relations to 1960s level insanity and beyond.

This, but unfortuantely, the one caveat I'd add is while a lot of people are great, a good portion of those "great" folks are also dumb as fuck and easily led astray. People want their information in easy-to-digest snippets that confirm their own belief system regardless of facts that might paint a diferent picture. So they latch on to a dumb catchphrase, parrot it back at each perceived victory, and then mindlessly go about their buisness, convinced they've accomplished something.

Meanwhile, our politicians on both sides are smiling to our faces and bending us over whatever special interest's concern paid them the most, to do us dry. Both sides are pushing a divisive, unharmonious agenda and some dumbasses in the trenches are only too happy to take up the fight, to the death, for a cause that harms them more than helps if the'd take a moment and look a little deeper and do a modicum of research into the issue, without partisan bias.

It's classic divide and conquer, and it's working like a charm, and we're all being played like fiddles. We'll need to make this country "great" again after people wake up, realize what's happened, and start making changes, hopefully before it's too late.

b.d. - 
MountainMedic -

Mostly great people

This, but unfortuantely, the one caveat I'd add is while a lot of people are great, a good portion of those "great" folks are also dumb as fuck and easily led astray. People want their information in easy-to-digest snippets that confirm their own belief system regardless of facts that might paint a diferent picture. So they latch on to a dumb catchphrase, parrot it back at each perceived victory, and then mindlessly go about their buisness, convinced they've accomplished something.

Meanwhile, our politicians on both sides are smiling to our faces and bending us over whatever special interest's concern paid them the most, to do us dry. Both sides are pushing a divisive, unharmonious agenda and some dumbasses in the trenches are only too happy to take up the fight, to the death, for a cause that harms them more than helps if the'd take a moment and look a little deeper and do a modicum of research into the issue, without partisan bias.

It's classic divide and conquer, and it's working like a charm, and we're all being played like fiddles. We'll need to make this country "great" again after people wake up, realize what's happened, and start making changes, hopefully before it's too late.

No one here is interested in this type of logic and reason. If there's another forum where people actually think and talk this way, please point me to it.

Ha I saw some tool from lloyd wearing a maga hat at the tourney in town today.

I agree OP. America is great. 

MountainMedic -

Mostly great people

This.

King Trav -

...pretty great. I don’t think it ever stopped being great. 

I’ve always enjoyed their tv shows and movies, along with all kinds of other things. Every time I’ve traveled there I’ve had great experiences. The people I’ve met there have been great. 

It’s no Canada. We’re awesome, but America has always been great in my eyes. 

I’ve always thought the MAGA thing was weird because of that. I understand why trump got elected and whatnot. I agree with some of his actions and don’t agree with others, but I’ve just always felt he was wrong in saying America stopped being great. 

Maybe I just don’t understand that it wasn’t great because I’m not living there. Maybe I’m misreading the messege. I don’t know, but I think it’s pretty great down there. 

I love you too man!

I stopped reading at “As a Canadian,”