As a Diaz fan....

...I hate to say, but I think he's going to lose. One of my favorite fighters, but I don't like how everyone is looking past Condit to Diaz/GSP. Diaz matches up well with anyone in any category, but obviously his cardio is head and shoulders above anyone else. That's a great advantage in a 5 round fight. But this isn't going 5 rounds. Condit finishes fights. He rarely will go to a decision. Diaz has great boxing and likes to beat people down with the "Stockton Slap". Condit has one punch/knee KO power. He doesn't need to outbox anyone. He just needs to land one strike.

Since the biggest game of the NFL is tomorrow, it's fitting to use a football cliche. Condit has the "Nobody believes in us/me" factor. The Steelers had it in 2005, the Giants in 2007, the Packers had it last year. There's absolutely no pressure on him. That's dangerous for Diaz.

Hopefully, Diaz really doesn't pay attention to the media. The same media that is already talking about Diaz/GSP. Hopefully, he can stay focused on this fight, but if not, he's losing.

I just have a feeling we're gonna get a shot of GSP looking like Wand after Chuck lost.

I'm leaving to go to Buffalo Wild Wings now. I'll be back after the fight to hopefully eat crow.

If you were a Diaz fan you'd know he doesn't give two fucks about the mMa media. Diaz doesn't let people get off when he starts bingin people. You could have all the cardio in the world but your game is going to be rattled when you can't do what you want. Eventually the shots will take a toll and tire out the most fit of men. Then again I'm heavily biased towards the Diaz bros so who knows what the fuck will happen.

Then you must not be a true Diaz fan! Phone Post

Didn't read gif please... Phone Post

I disagree completely with the OP.
Condit definitely has the power advantage in terms of strikes but he throws blows much slower and doesn't have great head movement

I really believe nick will have his way with him.

and you guys are not giving gsp the credit he is due. He isn't as powerful as condit but he is equally dangerous.. Phone Post

jsize03 - ...I hate to say, but I think he's going to lose. One of my favorite fighters, but I don't like how everyone is looking past Condit to Diaz/GSP. Diaz matches up well with anyone in any category, but obviously his cardio is head and shoulders above anyone else. That's a great advantage in a 5 round fight. But this isn't going 5 rounds. Condit finishes fights. He rarely will go to a decision. Diaz has great boxing and likes to beat people down with the "Stockton Slap". Condit has one punch/knee KO power. He doesn't need to outbox anyone. He just needs to land one strike.

Good points, but the same could be said of Scott Smith, Paul Daley and Cyborg.  

I'm nervous about this fight too as a Diaz fan, but I like Condit a lot as well so whoever wins I'll be satisfied.  Carlos has been overlooked by everyone for too long.  This is the fight I've wanted to see more than any other.

I'm scared too homie. But I always am for Diaz bros fights. Phone Post

quickfix - If you were a Diaz fan you'd know he doesn't give two fucks about the mMa media. Diaz doesn't let people get off when he starts bingin people. You could have all the cardio in the world but your game is going to be rattled when you can't do what you want. Eventually the shots will take a toll and tire out the most fit of men. Then again I'm heavily biased towards the Diaz bros so who knows what the fuck will happen.

It's easy to say that you don't give two fucks about the MMA media, but it's harder not to look ahead when EVERY single MMA reporter picks you to win and starts talking about a Diaz/GSP matchup in 6 months. Sometimes even the ppl who don't give a rat's ass start buying into it.

jsize03 - 
quickfix - If you were a Diaz fan you'd know he doesn't give two fucks about the mMa media. Diaz doesn't let people get off when he starts bingin people. You could have all the cardio in the world but your game is going to be rattled when you can't do what you want. Eventually the shots will take a toll and tire out the most fit of men. Then again I'm heavily biased towards the Diaz bros so who knows what the fuck will happen.

It's easy to say that you don't give two fucks about the MMA media, but it's harder not to look ahead when EVERY single MMA reporter picks you to win and starts talking about a Diaz/GSP matchup in 6 months. Sometimes even the ppl who don't give a rat's ass start buying into it.

So Nick lost because of that? I'm pretty sure Nick thought he was winning the fight. It just comes down to a philosophy difference.

Sometimes I hate being right. Although, I can't say I was 100% correct since it did go 5 rounds.

Condit/GSP will be a snoozefest. The only point of interest is that they both train with Greg Jackson. GSP will lay on him for 25 minutes, doing juuuust enough damage(and being GSP) that the ref won't stand it up.

Since it was a close fight, I'd think that Diaz is still near the top contenders. Hopefully, he can get a fight around the same time as GSP/Condit(Kos maybe?). If he wins and GSP wins, maybe we'll get that fight early next year.

quickfix - 
jsize03 - 

So Nick lost because of that? I'm pretty sure Nick thought he was winning the fight. It just comes down to a philosophy difference.

I never said that's why he lost. Stop putting words in my mouth. He lost because he got outworked by Condit.

Did you see the ? in my post. Fucko

double, sorry

quickfix - Did you see the ? in my post. Fucko

Yes, I saw it. But it was a fucking retarded question. It wasn't serious. It was asked to imply that I felt Diaz lost because he bought into the pre-fight hype. Hence, attempting to put words in my mouth.

jsize03 - 

Yes, I saw it. But it was a fucking retarded question. It wasn't serious. It was asked to imply that I felt Diaz lost because he bought into the pre-fight hype. Hence, attempting to put words in my mouth.

I really was asking if you thought that's why Nick lost. After the fight you quoted me and then explained how easy it is to believe the hype. Its all good though, its a new day and I'm not sauced up. I was really expecting a great fight and it didn't come anywhere near my expectations. I would have been happier had they had a good scrap, no matter what the outcome. Have a good one man.

quickfix - 
jsize03 - 

I really was asking if you thought that's why Nick lost. After the fight you quoted me and then explained how easy it is to believe the hype. Its all good though, its a new day and I'm not sauced up. I was really expecting a great fight and it didn't come anywhere near my expectations. I would have been happier had they had a good scrap, no matter what the outcome. Have a good one man.

Man, me too! I was at bdubs and I was twitching, rubbing my palms and grinning ear-to-ear during the walk-ins. Probably looked like that gif of Chuck. I'm sure ppl thought I was coked out. Haven't been that hyped for a fight in a loooong time. Very disappointing.

double post