As A Fan What Is Your Response To This?

This is from Diego's twitter I believe as part of an exchange with Markus Kampmann: 

Diego Sanchez:

“You really want a direct rematch? I trained no boxing! Zero! I just wrestled my ass off.

"I underestimated your takedown defense and had to resort to my street-fighting loco skills and almost dropped you; I seen your legs. I was not in my best shape.”

Part of me wants to think this is just Diego saving face since he got lit-up standing so he is saying he trained no boxing and was out of shape. Even that does not make things much better though.

Imagine an actor on Jay Leno doing a press junket for a movie and explaining his poor performance because he was on a bender during the entire shoot and he really did not bother to read his lines.

Imagine handing a report into your boss and when he has criticism about said report you say, "Well ya it is to be expected I really did not bother making sure what I prepared made sense really I just tried to make as colorful pie charts as possible... My next report I'll actually pretend like I care."

I am left feeling unclean with a "WTF is Diego thinking?" feeling after reading this crap. How can a fighter not be in shape? Is he injured? Why wouldn't you train boxing? Is he just lying like I first thought? Why make excuses especially after you "won?"

Curious what the thoughts of others are on this.

Not a fan of Diego, he is super creepy. I can't really give a FAIR analysis.

Diego doesn't strike me as someone with even average intelligence. He's kind of like a dumber version of Tito. In his mind I'm sure that seemed like a great excuse but yeah, not so much.

Sounds like a brain fart that turned into shat... Diego should change his pants for sure.

It sounds like rationalization at it's most extreme.

"Your punches didn't hurt, they just cut..... You hit me when I was lunging in wildly, and was off balance, that's why you dropped me..... I hit you so hard you ALMOST dropped!  I totally kicked your ass.  Hold on.  I have to go apply another gallon of neosporin to my face.  But yeah, I'll totally rematch you."

Who's Diego? Is he ranked in the top 30?

ausgepicht - Who's Diego? Is he ranked in the top 30?

He has wins over thaigo and kampmann. Top 10 easy.

SuMBJJ - It sounds like rationalization at it's most extreme.

"Your punches didn't hurt, they just cut..... You hit me when I was lunging in wildly, and was off balance, that's why you dropped me..... I hit you so hard you ALMOST dropped!  I totally kicked your ass.  Hold on.  I have to go apply another gallon of neosporin to my face.  But yeah, I'll totally rematch you."

Just like when Tiki got KO'ed by Lawler and then said it got stopped due to a cut in the post fight interview.

Can they just please give Diego his BJ rematch and Thiago Alves fights? He obviously wants to die.