As a parent.. This bothers the hell out of me

http://www.upworthy.com/this-kid-was-bullied-a-lot-he-could-have-told-his-teacher-or-his-principal-he-had-bigger-plans?g=3

Pretty ballsy kid. Phone Post 3.0

This is sad. Someone needs to teach this poor kid how to stand up for himself. Phone Post 3.0

Fuck bullies. Rise Up! Phone Post 3.0

I feel very fortunate that my son (11 and in 6th grade) is a "cool kid" and I don't have to worry about him getting picked on.

The flip side is I've always talked to him about "with great power comes great responsibility". It's not only his place to be kind, but it's also a responsibility of his to stick up for the kids who can't stick up for themselves.

I had a scare early this school year when he got in trouble for "rough housing" with a kid I know who is a very small and immature kid. I lost my shit when I feared he was being mean to him. After talking to the principle and the other parent (who we know in passing) I was told that my son is one of the only kids the other student considers a friend and it really was just to kids messing around.

My son has never met a kid who wasn't a potential friend, but I still have my fears as he's on to a "new chapter" in middle school.

I've hated bullies from the time I was a kid. You want to be a tough guy? cool... But tough guys want the toughest guy, not the weakest.

TKD classes Phone Post 3.0

I feel sorry for that kid, good for him to do what he did.

But his moms should know that two bull dykes raising an effeminate kid in Texas isn't going to work well.

It's gonna get worse for that kid when he gets older

PatK - I feel sorry for that kid, good for him to do what he did.

But his moms should know that two bull dykes raising an effeminate kid in Texas isn't going to work well.

So should they not do it because of their location?

ferox13 - 

This is a touchy subject that I don't have all the answers to.

But I know one thing... If I was putting my son in a position to be "thrown to the wolves" I'd prepare him for it in as many ways as I could. That includes physically. He'd learn how to fight and have a green light to set a precedent.

They shouldn't do it for a multitude of reasons, biggest being they have the arrogance to think they don't need a father to raise a child. A boy on top of that.

He'll almost fit in nowhere and like another poster said in red neck Haltom city the abuse he is getting will get just worse and worse.

But good thing the bull dyke moms get to give a finger to the system and prove they can have kids too! Phone Post 3.0

I also have an 11 yr old boy who is trying to find his place. He's athletic and the most outgoing kid I have ever met. He's not afraid to speak his mind and is also very respectful. I also teach him to stick up for himself and for those who can't.

This is why I posted this. I will show him this vid tonight Phone Post 3.0

awesomestprime -
ferox13 - 

This is a touchy subject that I don't have all the answers to.

But I know one thing... If I was putting my son in a position to be "thrown to the wolves" I'd prepare him for it in as many ways as I could. That includes physically. He'd learn how to fight and have a green light to set a precedent.
For sure those kind should get that boy into some serious combat sport classes. Feeding him to the wolves is EXACTLY what they are doing to that poor boy. Phone Post 3.0

Andyman976 - They shouldn't do it for a multitude of reasons, biggest being they have the arrogance to think they don't need a father to raise a child. A boy on top of that.

He'll almost fit in nowhere and like another poster said in red neck Haltom city the abuse he is getting will get just worse and worse.

But good thing the bull dyke moms get to give a finger to the system and prove they can have kids too! Phone Post 3.0

I think many people are raised without a father..

MMAologist - I also have an 11 yr old boy who is trying to find his place. He's athletic and the most outgoing kid I have ever met. He's not afraid to speak his mind and is also very respectful. I also teach him to stick up for himself and for those who can't.

This is why I posted this. I will show him this vid tonight Phone Post 3.0

Whatever man....

My son would wipe the floor with yours!!!

KID FIGHT!!!

Ya but intentionally? Very uncommon, usually it's the dad that bolts leaving a single mom to raise a child who would gladly marry a husband.

To start off from the very beginning knowing your child will never have a father is a different story entirely. Rooted most likely in those women's ego, needing to prove to society that you should be able to have kids too does not equal good parenting. Phone Post 3.0

VTFU for good parenting!

awesomestprime - I feel very fortunate that my son (11 and in 6th grade) is a "cool kid" and I don't have to worry about him getting picked on.

The flip side is I've always talked to him about "with great power comes great responsibility". It's not only his place to be kind, but it's also a responsibility of his to stick up for the kids who can't stick up for themselves.

I had a scare early this school year when he got in trouble for "rough housing" with a kid I know who is a very small and immature kid. I lost my shit when I feared he was being mean to him. After talking to the principle and the other parent (who we know in passing) I was told that my son is one of the only kids the other student considers a friend and it really was just to kids messing around.

My son has never met a kid who wasn't a potential friend, but I still have my fears as he's on to a "new chapter" in middle school.

I've hated bullies from the time I was a kid. You want to be a tough guy? cool... But tough guys want the toughest guy, not the weakest.

similar thing happened to me in high school like what happened to your son.

I pushed my friend who is much smaller than me into a locker, we were kind of goofing around, and a teacher saw from down the hall and yelled at us.

He made us go to the office, even though i thoroughly explained we were good friends and won't do it again.

They thought i was bullying him and even when told the VP she didn't listen and got us both suspended, which made no sense.

She got fired though so lol.

ferox13 - 
Andyman976 - They shouldn't do it for a multitude of reasons, biggest being they have the arrogance to think they don't need a father to raise a child. A boy on top of that.

I think many people are raised without a father..

We are a generation of fatherless sons- Tyler Durden

ferox13 - 

Well when you're raising a kid, one of the things that any halfway decent parent looks into is where they will be raising their child.

Having gay and lesbian friends and family, I know one of the things that they have looked at is if the area the attitude towards gay people there, in addition to regular shit like schools, property values, etc.

Texas is a notoriously unfriendly place gays and lesbians. In fact, it's been said that the two official sports of Texas are high school football and queer bashing.

Like someone said, it's a touchy subject and one that I also don't have the answer to.

Another thing I'd like to add, and wanted to know if any other OGers have any experiences with.

But amongst the gay/lesbian couples I know with kids, the ones that are more extreme (overly flamboyant, effeminate gays and butch, manly lesbians) seem to have more problems with their kids.

And comparing gays and lesbians kids, lesbians kids always seem less "normal" than those of gay couples.

Not saying that it's fact, just an observation from my personal experiences

Chances that this kid isn't a future movie theater shooter?