As a young man, I didn't appreciate Alice In Chain

I was a stupid little fuck. I didn't get it. I get it now.

1 Like

WAIT!!!

you have gone too far.

go back. 

If you don't get it...

fuck

you

Agreed

I was blown away the very first time I heard them.  

1 Like

I appreciate Alice in Chains now. 

Heard and enjoyed their songs / the music but did not pay attention or follow.
As in enjoyed the songs but did.not always realize it was an AIC song.

So by this point that fellow was pretty damaged by drugs.

Is he considered a good singer ?

williepep - Heard and enjoyed their songs / the music but did not pay attention or follow.
As in enjoyed the songs but did.not always realize it was an AIC song.

So by this point that fellow was pretty damaged by drugs.

Is he considered a good singer ?

Yes, he's included by most of artists in that era as one of the best vocalists grunge/alternative had along with Cornell, Weiland, Vedder...

angryinch -

I was blown away the very first time I heard them.  

Yup. I remember where I was when I heard the opening riff for Man in the Box. 

I loved AIC from the jump but was so dissapointed in Jar Of Flies at the time because it was soft. It’s now one of my favourite albums ever. 

Legit. 

They deserved the fame that nirvana got

1 Like

My lock in moment was hearing Them Bones as the instrumental in Doom 2. I didn't know what the band was but sort of recognized the melody and timing so I had to figure it out and after that was a fan.

The harmonies that Layne and Jerry created are still unrivalled imo. Absolute magic from this band.

I considered AIC more of a metal band than grunge. Grunge Metal maybe. 

That's funny.  I used to be crazy about them. They were my top favorite for a couple years.  Now.. I don't care for them.  I still apreciate them for being a great band it just doesn't sound good to me anymore.  Now excuse me while I get some damn kids off my lawn.

1 Like

Phuckles -

I was a stupid little fuck. I didn't get it. I get it now.

blasphemy!!!

Im 100% in the same boat.  Didnt realize how badass there were but I was like 15 when the unplugged MTV thing came out.  Just watched it recently and was blown away

Alice in Chain. China is Asshoe. Big big fan. Did not like MTV kicking off the "alternative rock"-era piggybacking off of AIC, STP, etc and sending music right back into the dark ages.