As of may 1, CDC drops covid death numbers?

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

Hahahaha epic fail OP

*Data during this period are incomplete because of the lag in time between when the death occurred and when the death certificate is completed, submitted to NCHS and processed for reporting purposes. This delay can range from 1 week to 8 weeks or more, depending on the jurisdiction, age, and cause of death.

Why these numbers are different

Provisional death counts may not match counts from other sources, such as media reports or numbers from county health departments. Our counts often track 1–2 weeks behind other data for a number of reasons: Death certificates take time to be completed. There are many steps involved in completing and submitting a death certificate. Waiting for test results can create additional delays. States report at different rates. Currently, 63% of all U.S. deaths are reported within 10 days of the date of death, but there is significant variation among jurisdictions. It takes extra time to code COVID-19 deaths. While 80% of deaths are electronically processed and coded by NCHS within minutes, most deaths from COVID-19 must be coded manually, which takes an average of 7 days. Other reporting systems use different definitions or methods for counting deaths.

Things to know about the data

Provisional counts are not final and are subject to change. Counts from previous weeks are continually revised as additional records are received and processed. Provisional data are not yet complete. Counts will not include all deaths that occurred during a given time period, especially for more recent periods. However, we can estimate how complete our numbers are by looking at the average number of deaths reported in previous years. Death counts should not be compared across jurisdictions. Some jurisdictions report deaths on a daily basis, while others report deaths weekly or monthly. In addition, vital record reporting may also be affected or delayed by COVID-19 related response activities.

KingMartyrJack -

"Week ending 4/25/2020"

Reading is fundamental.....

Data as of may 1st. Prior to this it was 60k+ from their numbers. Thanks for being a cunt though. 

1 Like

As of the last update they ruled out 20k+ deaths that were reported erroneously as caused by covid

so it's good news then....

1 Like

The Wizzle -

I think so. Was keeping the politics out of this and just showing what i saw on the cdc site. 

The collected and or reported data is iffy at best due to a wide variety of mostly valid reasons. I highly doubt it would hold up to legal or scientifc scrutiny. It is almost pointless to argue about it since this has become a high-stakes political issue in an incredibly contentious presidential election year. 

One thing the data does show is that the infection rates and the health care demands are vastly asymmetrical. The unintentional consequences of the majority of the facilities adjusting will almost certainly cost unneccessary lives due to staff cutbacks and not allowing hospitals to do routine work while standing by for something that is uncertain to happen. 

2 Likes

DaveFu -

The collected and or reported data is iffy at best due to a wide variety of mostly valid reasons. I highly doubt it would hold up to legal or scientifc scrutiny. It is almost pointless to argue about it since this has become a high-stakes political issue in an incredibly contentious presidential election year. 

One thing the data does show is that the infection rates and the health care demands are vastly asymmetrical. The unintentional consequences of the majority of the facilities adjusting will almost certainly cost unneccessary lives due to staff cutbacks and not allowing hospital to do routine work while standing by for something that is uncertain to happen. 

Good post

1 Like

Ryann Von Doom -
The Wizzle -

I think so. Was keeping the politics out of this and just showing what i saw on the cdc site. 

You 100% discovered this misleading information on brainfart or drudge or the like. 

0% chance you were  perusing the CDC website.

madmartigan -
Ryann Von Doom -
The Wizzle -

You 100% discovered this misleading information on brainfart or drudge or the like. 

The cdc site is now misleading? Well okay then. Thank you for this wonderfully insightful post and i’ll now only get my death number updates from wolf blitzer and the 2mil + dead from this. Thanks. 

Ryann Von Doom - 
madmartigan -
Ryann Von Doom -
The Wizzle -

The cdc site is now misleading? Well okay then. Thank you for this wonderfully insightful post and i’ll now only get my death number updates from wolf blitzer and the 2mil + dead from this. Thanks. 

He's been here 12 days RVD and he knows your internet browser history better than your ISP!! 

KingMartyrJack -
Ryann Von Doom -
KingMartyrJack -

"Week ending 4/25/2020"

Reading is fundamental.....

Data as of may 1st. Prior to this it was 60k+ from their numbers. Thanks for being a cunt though. 

No, you illiterate dipshit. I was being nice
Try reading the article you psoted moron.
It even has a picture for retards like you who can't read the small letters.

"Week ending 4/25/2020"

So I know your inbred retarde dass definitely didn't read this part:

"updated death certificate data are received from the states by NCHS. COVID-19 death counts shown here may differ from other published sources, as data currently are lagged by an average of 1–2 weeks."

You are a failure in life, you are a failure as a poster, and you are a failure as a human pig hybrid.
May God have mercy on your soul.

Thank you for being so wonderful and pointing out things that are clearly stated. You’re such a wonderful person and i’m sure the light of the party/family get togethers. Keep posting things like this and you’ll convert so many of us Trump supporters that Biden will have a landslide victory! 

Ryann Von Doom -
madmartigan -
Ryann Von Doom -
The Wizzle -

You only get your news from brainfart newsmax and the like . Don't ever change, it would be a shame to no longer watch you and the camicoms of the world  make the same thread right around the same time.  Led by your nose to embarrassment, and you'll be back for more birther news from your most trusted sources shortly .

Camicom also enjoys browsing the CDC website in his free time.  So weird. Y'all should hang out

madmartigan -

Yeah, i posted it 4 hours before him. Awesome. 

I’m confused. So, is this correct?