Ashley Graham - Success due to her white privilege

I honestly didn't even know that she was white...

Groundbreaking model and member of 2017’s TIME 100 honoree Ashley Graham has had the kind of success in her career that most models only dream of. She’s graced the covers of magazines like Vogue and Sports Illustrated and walked runways for designers like Christian Siriano and Michael Kors; however, Graham is quick to acknowledge that her success as a curvy model in the body conscious fashion industry has been influenced by her privilege as a white woman.

In an interview with New York Magazine, Graham spoke about a conversation she’s had with her husband, cinematographer and documentary filmmaker Justin Ervin, who’s black; Graham explains that they’ve discussed that as a white woman, she’s often afforded opportunities and visibility that other models who are women of color have not been given.

“I know I’m on this pedestal because of white privilege,” she said. “To not see black or Latina women as famous in my industry is crazy! I have to talk about it. I want to give those women kudos because they are the ones who paved the way for me.”

Later in the interview, Graham namechecks other curve models who are women of color (Marquita Pring, Precious Lee, and Julie Henderson) and expressed her desire to broaden the horizons for all curvy women in the industry.

“I’m getting a seat at the table we’ve never had before, and I’m also pulling up a couple of seats around me,” she said. “I know this isn’t about me. Just one girl is not going to change the world.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/celebrity/model-ashley-graham-i-know-i%E2%80%99m-on-this-pedestal-because-of-white-privilege/ar-AApE5mP?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Thuglife13 - 

LoL @ Curvy

Bitch you're a fat fucking mudshark...

This. She a coal mining ho.

I thought she was latino or something.

Brockback Mountain - I thought she was latino or something.
Yeah, I was thinking Hispanic too...

Hammerstein - Wait...is she that great big fat person?

Need some help moving furniture?

fuck, can't these people just enjoy their successes without their nobody bf/gf's using them as a platform to spew their own fucked up bullshit. 

This guy and COlin Kaepernick's gf need to just shut the fuck up and let them live the blessed life they have been afforded. 

These guys are puppets, and they don't even realize it. 

That's nice, we should go after people of attractive privilege as well since we're talking about models now.

Most people don't get jobs solely based upon their appearance now thus whatever benefit she feels she gained doesn't even apply to 99% of the population.

Thuglife13 -

LoL @ Curvy

Some people take offense to that term, around these parts. 

I'm not one of them, but just so you know. 

Soul Gravy -
Hammerstein - Wait...is she that great big fat person?

Need some help moving furniture?

"Ashley graham"....ya i totally would assume shes latino too.

Thuglife13 -
Captain CargoShorts -
Thuglife13 -

LoL @ Curvy

Are you one of those 81 bros monitoring this thread so I can act accordingly?

Sometimes. 

It depends on the thread topic. 

I've been assigned race and fat people topics. 

Kings21 - "Ashley graham"....ya i totally would assume shes latino too.

Shades of Zimmerman 

Kings21 - "Ashley graham"....ya i totally would assume shes latino too.
She looks latina to me... I don't know...
She could've had a white father and Hispanic mother for all I know...

No you stupid fat whore, I don't know who the market is for your fat whoredom, but I imagine it's only other fat whores.  How does taking a black cock in your ass suddenly attribute your unfathomable success to your race?  You stupid, cellulite riddled heifer.  Fucking die.  No world-ruining white males care about those sloppy, parmesan cheese smelling trash bags full of gelatin you have hanging off your back.  Fucking die.

Captain CargoShorts -
Thuglife13 -

LoL @ Curvy

Which parts are these ? Mississippi?

fanat -
Captain CargoShorts -
Thuglife13 -

LoL @ Curvy

Which parts are these ? Mississippi?

Is Mississippi filled with social justice warriors?

Ok, so she feels like she got to where she was because of being white.

I dont see her doing anything to help the people she feel are being oppressed. So what does that make her? A do-nothing SJW hypocrite thats who.