Askren says he would have out-grappled Khabib: "I would be better than him."

Easy there Brendan Schaub

Bro, I was right behind CRE for all those fucking years we argued for Ben’s competitiveness in the ufc. We proclaimed him a conquering Alexander who was being kept out by a manipulative, scared Dana because Ben would dominate in boring fashion.

I towed that line for damn near a decade and to make a long story short, Im disgusted with his halfassed ufc effort, especially in his last fight when he yet again showed up in the clown stance. No disrespect to CRE of course, but that wagon crashed so hard for how long we rode it.

3 Likes

That’s what you’re going to go with? Khabib wrestled with great wrestlers everyday? Ben Askren IS the great wrestler.

1 Like

It really depends on the ruleset. I give each the edge in their respective styles, freestyle and folk. Then in Greco - Ben, in submission grappling, Khabib.

Actually, I change my mind about greco. I think Khabib smashes him everywhere but folk.

Askren always brings the US wrestling crowd out of the woodwork.

Yes, you heard me. Khabib would be a problem for lame ass Ben. He chain wrestles extremely well, but that’s it.

Jordan Boroughs showed if you put pressure on Ben he looks lost.

Hell, Ben got outwrestled by Robbie until Lawler stopped grappling and went for the finish with strikes. He blew his arms out and gave up a dominant position, Ben capitalizing doesn’t make him better.

Get off Ben’s dick, he’s trolling. Cuz its all he can do nowadays

Episode 8 Nbc GIF by SVU

2 Likes

Do you know how many years ago Ben wrestled freestyle? It was probably a decade at that point whereas JB has been doing it every day.

2 Likes

Calm Down Barack Obama GIF

Ben is slow and always has been.

SLOW

Feeling Old Season 8 GIF by The Simpsons

3 Likes

Pure grappling I’ll take Askren. Not only was he great in college, he made an Olympic team which isn’t an easy thing. Next is that stylistically Askren is an awful matchup for most people. He absolutely murders people in his transition game. He made Jake Herbert look silly in college, and that’s not just some schlub either. The other thing with Askren is his strength. He doesn’t look strong but it’s extremely deceptive. Think of him as a vampire, he just drains you by holding on, pulling on you and wearing you down. That’s why he succeeded in MMA because if he got on top of you, it was energy draining. Khabib never was a good enough wrestler to get to that level. Take away the striking prowess and he’s still very good, but not at that elite level. Now match that with somebody slightly bigger with maddening defensive skills who has competed at a higher level of grappling, pretty easy pick. Also having seen Askren demolish guys who were All Americans like Gaethje, his wrestling is several levels above that. Khabib is still very good and probably one of the most dominant grapplers in MMA, but take away half his game and he’s just not at that elite level.

1 Like

Do you think Hazmat would outwrestle Ben?

Only high level guys like Burroughs or David Taylor are outwrestling Ben. If he decides to come back to Wrestling, I could see him being a top 5 guy in the US. He had his run at the top and beat some great wrestlers, but now, no. We saw him wrestle Burroughs and how that ended. I remember watching that match surrounded by high level wrestlers and coaches and nobody thought it would be anything other than what it was. Knowing people who’ve wrestled or grappled with Ben, they basically all say the same thing. He makes everything difficult and slows you down. That’s why guys like Taylor, Dake or Burroughs can beat him, because they can sustain an inhuman pace and are explosive wrestlers. That’s sort of his Achilles heel. But if you get dragged into his world, which most people do, your chances decrease dramatically.

3 Likes

Thanks, sounds like you know what you’re talking about.

Did you watch the Khamzat vs Jack Hermansson wrestling match? If so what did you think?

Flow grappling call them.

Poor guy has the slow gene

Though that spinning backfist had some pace lol

3 Likes

He’s terrible at wrestling - he lost to JB.

• decimator
3 Likes

We aren’t talking about prime vs prime, they never lined up

This^^^ is the only relevant Askren in this equation.

Sorry Stewie,

Family Guy Sexy Dance GIF
I’m not impressed…

I’m not the jaded ex lover that’s posting pictures of his striking to make a point about a wrestling match.

Have fun spending more time trying to prove something impossible to prove.

Jaded ex lover? Of whom?

The striking GIFs were at the end of any relevant Askren GIFs of him getting fucked in recent wrestling exchanges…

Ok
ben-askren-jorge-masvidal

The Simpsons GIF

4 Likes