Asshole Sets Fire to a Judo Club?

On April 26, 2011 Five Cities Judo Dojo/Boy Scout Troop 413 Hall was broken into. The vandals attempted to set fires on the floor, caused a huge mess and wrote profanity on our blackboard. They also caused minor fire damage to one of our mats. Both the Judo club and Boy Scouts thought this was a onetime occurrence. On Sunday May 1, 2011 at around 4:30 am, a fire destroyed the Five Cities Judo dojo along with the all the materials that belonged to the Boy Scouts of America Troop 413. It has been a devastating loss to us and we do not understand why someone or some individuals would perpetrate this act of hate and violence. We hope that the individuals are caught and justice is swift as the flames of beloved dojo. Today We/I reach out to our Judo family to ask if anyone would consider us to either borrow, possibly purchase some used mats or if we can get information on resources to obtain mats any help would be appreciated. We are a small humble dojo with big hearts and great students and through this we will return with pride and dignity to the up coming May 15th tournament. Thank you for you time.

If you can help out by donating / lending mats or money, you can send them to:

Greg Rubio
PO Box 1007
Pismo Beach, Ca 93448

His email is judoka732000@yahoo.com, and his phone # is 805 440-7308

HOLY CRAP! I grew up doing Judo every summer at Five Cities back when it was on the Rubio Estates. Geez, what douche bags actually do things like this?!

There are some POS individuals out there.

Just terrible. I hope these people/person are caught. 

Almost like setting fire to a church. Makes no sense.

did you call swain sports? they sometimes have used mats.

if not.. perhaps some of the clubs in the NANKA area can lend you mats to you in the meantime. i know there are clubs with mats they dont even use.

any suspects?

what type of profanity did they leave behind?

a judo club seems like the last place a person would want to vandalize.

Ridiculous!!!! It's a shame.

www.ksby.com/news/police-arrest-two-in-connection-with-arson-of-historic-building/ 

Police officers have arrested two people in connection with the recent arson of an historic building on East Cherry Street in Arroyo Grande.

At a press conference held Monday afternoon, police announced the arrests of an adult and a minor.

The minor is a student at Arroyo Grande High School. The adult, Caleb Joseph Pelletier, 18, (pictured) is a student at Cuesta College.

Police say there is no motive for the crime.

KSBY will bring you more information in a live report at 5 and 6 p.m.

I'm glad they were caught and I hope they are punished to the fullest extent of the law.

No motive either, what a couple of assbags.

Up until Feb when I injured my ankle I would split my time up between 5 Cities Judo & Simian Martial Arts(BJJ).

When my BJJ instructor and I heard about the fire it was gutt-wrenching. I gave Rob Lewis(Simian Head Instructor) Gregg's cell # and he has been trying to set up a fundraising seminar for 5 Cities Judo.

I spoke with Gregg this last weekend & he said that he has been so busy getting setup in the new "temp" dojo that there just hasn't been time. He also did say that in the next two weeks he is going to get back in touch with Rob to set up the seminar.

I should be dropping in to 5 Cities (now in AG) in the next couple weeks & will let you guys know about any updates for the fundraiser.

Gregg & Rob are both great people & it's awesome to see these two coming together in times like this.

Agent_Doakes_Aint_no_Jokes - use them as ukes for life....1000 uchi matas on concrete per student.

How about 1000 Tai-Tosh on concrete.. assholes.