At a small FL HS graduation - has 5 valedictorians

Does anyone else find this weird? Phone Post 3.0

I do.

One of,if not the best, high school in Louisiana (Jesuit) and maybe in the south (insert southern jokes) has had several valedictorians for years but ,supposedly, has decided to limit it to one recently.

Did they give out participation trophies too? Phone Post 3.0

My high school had 4 salutatorians this year. Due entirely to a mistake by a counselor. I wonder if a similar type of fuckery was afoot in the situation you're speaking of op. Phone Post 3.0

What team are you associated with pennviachoke?

TheSneek - My high school had 4 salutatorians this year. Due entirely to a mistake by a counselor. I wonder if a similar type of fuckery was afoot in the situation you're speaking of op. Phone Post 3.0
Lol @ 4 second place awards.

No wonder millennials are so soft.

Mark Phone Post 3.0

My son's high school had 36. No lie, 36 out of a class of 300. He missed out by .2 on his GPA. 

He said even the other kids were like WTF, why so many. Waters it down, imo.

I heard Jesuit is going to use actual number grades now instead of letters to determine highest score.

Pennviachoke,

I saw that really good kid, about 160, from Airline wrestle today at Jazz Town Duals. He is wrestling with the Holy Cross based Bayou Elite club this weekend. They will hit some tougher teams tomorrow.

Why not reward everyone instead of achievement?

Yeah, that's inspiring.

Soft... indeed.

1 for each race?

It's screwed up because of those dumb AP courses. You get a 5 for an A until your GPA is at 4.8 or something like that. After that you no longer get that additional bump in your GPA. So the 4.8 is no longer the highest that you can achieve which explains why you have multiple valedictorians.

Of course this was explained to me by a hot helicopter mom so I think I got the explanation right. Phone Post 3.0

Nitecrawler - Did they give out participation trophies too? Phone Post 3.0
That's what I'm saying.

Why not make all of them a valedictorian? Phone Post 3.0

Well the speeches have ended.

I'm so glad I train in the garage wearing a full sweat suit year round. It's like breathing through an electric blanket out here. I'm expecting some old ladies to fall out any minute. Phone Post 3.0

emu67 - It's screwed up because of those dumb AP courses. You get a 5 for an A until your GPA is at 4.8 or something like that. After that you no longer get that additional bump in your GPA. So the 4.8 is no longer the highest that you can achieve which explains why you have multiple valedictorians.

Of course this was explained to me by a hot helicopter mom so I think I got the explanation right. Phone Post 3.0
That is why it is based on more than grade point average.

Mark Phone Post 3.0

I went to a high school that had a legit 3 way tie for valedictorian. They all took the same classes for all 4 years and always made 100s in every class, every grading period.

They still picked one as valedictorian. I think it had something to do with SAT score, activities, etc. Phone Post 3.0

pennviachoke -
DaddyO4 - One of,if not the best, high school in Louisiana (Jesuit) and maybe in the south (insert southern jokes) has had several valedictorians for years but ,supposedly, has decided to limit it to one recently.
Can't wait for wrestling season to start, our boys are ready to smash some south LA teams lol Phone Post 3.0
You at Jazz Town Duals?? Phone Post 3.0

I went today to see some of my friend's sons wrestle.Will stop by tomorrow as well.