At bar, battle of bands STP vs Pearl jam

Both bands are great but anybody singing like Eddie sounds like somebody imitating somebody else imitating him Phone Post 3.0

Both bands sucks .. IMHO

the first two STP albums actually are pretty killer guitar rock albums.

Girlfriend is friends with BOTH singers. Bad sign? Lol

Her friend just nailed big empty by STP Phone Post 3.0

Talk show. /thread Phone Post 3.0

STP. Fuck Eddie "No Words, Just Vowels" Vedder. Phone Post 3.0

Gritty - Girlfriend is friends with BOTH singers. Bad sign? Lol

Her friend just nailed big empty by STP Phone Post 3.0

That's cool and all, but can he nail Chester Bennington doing Big Empty?

Fuck STP. DeLeo brothers are talented but Weiland was an incredibly unoriginal performer as well as a terrible writer.

Pearl Jam is in the GOAT discussion of American bands STP is not. Phone Post 3.0

Once STP stopped imitating PJ and started imitating Bowie, they found a way better sound. Purple is good, Tiny Music is great, Number Four is perfect. Downhill after Number Four.

Pearl Jam is the better band.

As far as "anybody singing like Eddie sounds like somebody imitating somebody else imitating him" goes, Eddie owes a quarter to Joe Cocker every time he sings.

STP... my favorite band ever!

Eddie Vedders voice is flawless. Watch pj unplugged. Seriously his voice is ridiculously good. If I could choose to have one musicians talent it would be vedders voice.

Love STP but this one really isn't close. Pj all day. Phone Post 3.0

stp ended up being better, imo I haven't listened to PJ since my friends had their 2nd or 3rd cd.

Mihow - Pearl Jam is the answer vs any band since the 90s Phone Post 3.0

naw, Soundgarden was better. Deftones, better. Primus (for me) better.

well I guess I did listen to and enjoyed pretty well all of stp's cd's but yeah I guess I can't really compare.

Pearl jam band just nailed black Phone Post 3.0

Mihow -
I LOVE DIAZ (no homo) -

I joke with people about the best bands of that era all the time because it's fun and all opinion based and we all have different tastes

But you just said Deftones bro Phone Post 3.0
BRO DEFTONES IS THA SHIT... put on Risk or Now You See The Butcher in case you forgot son.

Makes me want to fight and fuck all at the same time whenever I hear some Deftones.

But per op, Paul jam wins overall Phone Post 3.0

Mihow - 
I LOVE DIAZ (no homo) -

I joke with people about the best bands of that era all the time because it's fun and all opinion based and we all have different tastes

But you just said Deftones bro Phone Post 3.0

since 2000 the Deftones have been pretty amazing, and they were good before that, fuck that Nu Metal group they were wrongly lumped into.

I was just trolling with that PJ stuff they were pretty good just a little too normal for me I guess that's why I drifted away from them.

ten was just about as good as Badmotorfinger imo. pj was just one of those bands your friends kill for you from overplaying.
(Jimi Hendrix and the Doors are 2 more I haven't listened to in 20+ years.)

Fuck you, Eddie Vedder is a god amongst men.

Both great bands. About equal. Alice in Chains best, about 6 equal after them from that era, soundgarden nirvana smashing pumpkins chilli peppers pj stp Phone Post 3.0

So obvious how harder it is for singer doing Eddie to complete whole song over Scott Phone Post 3.0