At least 13 NFL owners are straight up racist...

https://www.theshadowleague.com/story/johnny-manziel-knows-he-s-not-on-colin-kaepernick-s-level

Johnny Manziel Knows He's Not On Colin Kaepernick's Level
Manziel's Pro Day also proves that at least 13 NFL owners are straight up racist.
By J.R. Gamble March 25, 2018, 10:23 AM EST

They came from far and wide, 13 kings of the 32 royal NFL kingdoms, to see the fallen prince attempt to make a comeback after blowing his NFL opportunity on ego, immaturity and lack of control.
Johnny Manziel had a Pro Day less than a month after proclaiming that he was a new man and had shed all of the ills of his past. The 25-year-old former Heisman winner put his skills on display in hopes that someone would take a chance on him.

The reviews were positive, but the response from people of color was outrage, because Colin Kaepernick is being blackballed from the NFL because of his commitment to improving the world and Manziel, a guy who has been accused of domestic violence, drug use and other lawlessness, still has enough juice to get 13 NFL teams to come see him throw.

Kap can’t even get a phone call. It’s clear that NFL owners are intent on keeping him out of the game and using him as a symbol of what happens when players use their platforms to express their social and political views.
Kaepernick is the Black man hanging from a rope on a tree just as you enter certain southern towns back in the '40s and '50s. He’s the caution sign the NFL uses for prospective anthem protesters and rabble rousers.
It isn’t fair, and reeks of racism and white privilege, but Manziel says his situation shouldn’t be compared to Kaepernick. Manziel expressed support for Kaepernick on Saturday and said he’s “tired” of outside comparisons about the two quarterbacks, posting a flurry of messages on Twitter.

At the same time, Manziel stressed that he has nothing to do with Kap’s situation and he’s currently working on himself.

Manzil tweets that he is tired of the comparison

In reality, he knows that he’s not worthy of such a comparison. Kaepernick is a titan. Manziel was a spoiled, privileged kid who never grew up and squandered the key to the world with his barrage of off-field incidents.

Johnny Football hasn’t played in the NFL since 2015 and took part in the University of San Diego's pro day on Thursday. He told Bruce Feldman of Sports Illustrated he's been sober for 90 days and hasn't used "hard drugs or anything like that" for approaching a year.
He added he understands teams will be skeptical about his comeback attempt after his previously hard-partying ways.

"When I first got in the league, did I have some leeway? Sure I did, but I have exhausted all leeway and all second chances," Manziel said. "This isn't the second chance. This is the 35th chance. This is the last of the last chances to show people that I've made a drastic change in my life, and it's for the better and I'm happy with where I'm at."
If anyone understands second chances it’s Manziel. And the fact that teams would be going out of their way to consider signing a dude with such questionable character and leadership skills, who has never performed on the NFL stage, while attempting to paint Kaepernick's valiance and unselfishness as a detriment to the game or a poison to their franchise is puzzling, sickening and downright scary.
Where’s the logic in that? The owners are sending a terrible message to the children of our country by continuing to blackball Kaepernick, who is an American hero to people of color and others, but continuing to give second chances to players who have done some unforgivable things off the field.
If you stand for something and care about the state of the world, then you are not welcome in the NFL.

Manziel may not have anything to do with Kaepernick's situation, but it's an example of the inequity in opportunities between white Americans and blacks, which makes him part of the problem.

"Racist"  = "Doesn't like what I like and I'm black".

mihow -

'Kaepernick is the Black man hanging from a rope on a tree just as you enter certain southern towns back in the '40s and '50s. '

whoever wrote that deserves to be hung for treason against our country

this 'person' is a piece of shit and a threat to humanity

'Kaepernick is the Black man hanging from a rope on a tree just as you enter certain southern towns back in the '40s and '50s."

$20 Million. That po black man

Kap can't get a phone call because at no point since he left the 49'ers has he openly expressed a real desire to play football. Manzel is out there at pro day throwing, open to playing in the CFL, he is all over TV expressing a desire to play. Where is Kap? On twitter posting social justice stuff all day...Teams don't want to touch that, they want a NFL player not a political lightining rod.

Actually, Kap did get some phone calls last year. Was even close to signing with the Ravens until his girl called their owner a slave master or some shit.

So lesson here for NFL players, don't play like shit, and act like a shithead if you want to keep a job. Very simple

They do not want him because he is an asshole. He is a distraction to the team. He is a bad teammate. Nobody likes him. He will not help sell tickets. This is why nobody wants that guy.

That is some horrible logic and shitty writing right there.  

jcblass - 

Kap can't get a phone call because at no point since he left the 49'ers has he openly expressed a real desire to play football. Manzel is out there at pro day throwing, open to playing in the CFL, he is all over TV expressing a desire to play. Where is Kap? On twitter posting social justice stuff all day...Teams don't want to touch that, they want a NFL player not a political lightining rod.

I think Manz might be fucked because of Colon because if a team ends up picking him up, Colon and his flock will scream racism which might effective ticket sales. I do agree though - Johnny has fucked up in the past and is doing all he can to show he wants back in..

Well its cool of them to keep a bunch of black dudes who would be in jail otherwise, employed.

the real story is that 13 nfl teams are crazy af to look at manziel

rekt - 

the real story is that 13 nfl teams are crazy af to look at manziel

Not sure about that. He realized he fucked up in the past and is doing anything he can to get back into the NFL.

Judge Mental -

Well its cool of them to keep a bunch of black dudes who would be in jail otherwise, employed.

This.

It makes zero sense to think they are racist.

Do they simply not like this guy and know that EACH WEEK he will bring a shit show to the stadium, and activists, and extra cameras and news (all negative press reporting, nothng positive about the team)? Yes. 

Or they’re not signing someone who has blatantly hurt their revenue and is currently suing the league. We’ll go with racist though 

Bam57Bam -

Actually, Kap did get some phone calls last year. Was even close to signing with the Ravens until his girl called their owner a slave master or some shit.

So lesson here for NFL players, don't play like shit, and act like a shithead if you want to keep a job. Very simple

iirc his girl said something about Ray Lewis because Ray had met with Donald Trump. Ray made sure he didn’t get on the team. 

Kap is a distraction.  Regardless of why he's a distraction, he is one.  Sure on talent alone he should be on an NFL roster but he lost his starting job to Blaine Gabbert meaning he's nothing more than a backup and his talent doesn't come close to outweighing the distraction in the locker room he would become.  Call it racism if you want, a backup just isn't worth the distraction for an NFL franchise.  

Uh, Baltimore was all set to offer him a contract as a backup, he wanted starter $$$$, and his racist, radical Muslim GF couldnt keep her cocksucker shut, so Kaep did have a job offer last year, but you'll never see the MSM report it

One man's racist is another man's freedom fighter

If kap could play, he would play.

The NFL gives no fucks what you do if you are good enouph player.

If Tom Brady pulled that shit hed still be able to start for any team in the NFL.

Bottom line, Kap lost his job to blaine fucking gabbert. His carear was over and he pulled this shit becuase he was angry and needed the attention he previously had.

If he was seriuos about the game he goes to a development league to craft his skill and make it back to the nfl.Doug fluetie, warren moon, kurt warner ect.

But kap is entitled to some kind of job despite his poor work ethic and limited desire to improve. Who fucking died and put him in charge?

Also, unless you are a woman, playing a victim will get you nowhere in life. Take responsibility and embrace your failures, never blame someone else for them. Its the only way to improve yourself and succeed where you once failed.

Did Kap go to a pro day so people could evaluate his skills, and see if he's in shape and ready to play football?  If he wants to play, he needs to show he's ready to play instead of being a martyr for a shitty cause.

more interested in being a martyr than a football player. 

#priorities