AT&T screwing me over

Those fucks. They changed the way rollover worked to bully me out of my old plan and then had me upgrade and lied about the cost. They also told me they would make my upgrade retroactive to cover the overage and to continue using my phone through the overage period and now are charging me $200+ in overage. They basically said go fuck yourself over the phone when I had thoroughly documented notes of my conversation and what they promised me. What do? Anybody been through this? 

I know someone that happened to. It took a lot of calling and bitching but he eventually got all his extra costs reversed and he got his old plan back. 

Then he said fuck you and switched to another company lol. 

If you can't work it out with at&t, contact your attorney general.

Go to cricket, they use at&t equipment for a fraction of the $

Same happened to me. Wife posted the story on social and it got resolved with the quickness 

Go to a prepaid plan, i dropped att last june, saved over 700 so far.

Yeah those fuck knuckles tried some similar bullshit with me in '01. I had Cell One in San Jose before moving to Phoenix. ATT bought them out and ensured I would have the same coverage. The next month's bill was over $400! When I told them I'd only pay the regular bill, they wouldn't budge and threatened with collection. I switched to Verizon and have been treated decent since. ATT can eat a dick all day.

Why would you have overage in the first place?

I don't know. Fuck AT&T.

Roaming.

What kind of plan are you on?  I have 4 devices with unlimited text and tak and 6gb of data that just gets throttled if i go over, no overage fees though.

As a recent but former AT&T customer service employee,  I will let you in on a tactic that some of our customers have used to address similar concerns. It's a known fact that retail reps hate dealing with billing issues. It's also a known fact that ATT policy states that any memos placed on our internal system have to be honored. So even if a retail rep notates to please credit roaming charges on current bill, but doesn't issue the credit themselves, the customer could call ATT from right outside the store and the rep would have to honor the memos left by the retail rep. Most customers bitch to a retail rep and asks them to notate the account. Once that's done, your set. Just make sure they actually make the memo.  

NAAFS -

Same happened to me. Wife posted the story on social and it got resolved with the quickness 

What avenues did she use. They are pathetic 

ugotrocked -

As a recent but former AT&T customer service employee,  I will let you in on a tactic that some of our customers have used to address similar concerns. It's a known fact that retail reps hate dealing with billing issues. It's also a known fact that ATT policy states that any memos placed on our internal system have to be honored. So even if a retail rep notates to please credit roaming charges on current bill, but doesn't issue the credit themselves, the customer could call ATT from right outside the store and the rep would have to honor the memos left by the retail rep. Most customers bitch to a retail rep and asks them to notate the account. Once that's done, your set. Just make sure they actually make the memo.  

Thanks but what do you mean about a memo. Do I physically go to a store and complain of my issues? 

Google At&t office of the president and call our email them. It's their escalation department

Yeah. You gotta make a stand and get you're money back. You can't just let them take the booty.

Furious White Belt -
NAAFS -

What avenues did she use. They are pathetic 

I believe she posted it on their Facebook page. Next day one of the retention people called me and resolved it. Good luck!

Kinda cliche to say but.....

Just get unlimited? No need to worry about overages or tracking your usage.

I may not need it, and it may be expensive.. but it saves me hassle and worry. 

Whats $20 more ya feel me

vexedvox -

Google At&t office of the president and call our email them. It's their escalation department

Thanks 

PRinehart -

I would but damn. I was paying $75. Then two years in a row they raised it $5 to $85. Then with the new plan It would be $100+ after all their lying + $200 in overages that we’re supposed to be covered.  So within two years I’m paying like $300+ extra “Just Because”. Off principal I can’t let them do me like that. 

Furious White Belt -
PRinehart -

I would but damn. I was paying $75. Then two years in a row they raised it $5 to $85. Then with the new plan It would be $100+ after all their lying + $200 in overages that we’re supposed to be covered.  So within two years I’m paying like $300+ extra “Just Because”. Off principal I can’t let them do me like that. 

Can’t argue your logic behind your decision.  That’s bullshit.

Any time I’ve made a change in plan with Verizon, they gave me a print out of what the pricing changes would be as well as an email.  Been dead on, except my constant late fee additions, lol.

I do have unlimited everything, so no overage of anything that I would have to worry about causing a spike in payment due.

Plans and service fees are expensive as shit though. 

Unlimited everything for two phones and an iPad, insurance, fees, phone payments (GF got IPhone 7 and I got X / IPad paid off just monthly service fees) is like $250ish.  I just pay it and think nothing of it. Knowing I have much less expensive options.