At what point did Strikeforce start to fail?

Just was wondering to myself at what point did Strikeforce start to go down hill? I mean other organizations like pride and affliction had key events that made them unfold. Strikeforce didn't really have too many I can think of. Anyone? Phone Post

MinnowInaMankiniGotAced - They were bought out by Zuffa?

TeamRenzo4Life - 
MinnowInaMankiniGotAced - They were bought out by Zuffa?

When they signed Fedor. That really was the beginning of the end.

SIgning Hendo/Fedor to huge deals they couldnt afford and then Fedor losing pretty much killed them.

If they where making any money they would have never sold to zuffa, that makes me think they where in the hole. Phone Post

Chris27 - When they signed Fedor. That really was the beginning of the end.

SIgning Hendo/Fedor to huge deals they couldnt afford and then Fedor losing pretty much killed them.

Good post. I was thinking it was something to do with those things as well. Just was wondering if there was something else I missed. I guess it was kind of a slow erosion of the company Phone Post

I think the CBS show where they had Shields/Hendo as the main event. The card was actually stacked with talent, but all the fights were boring beyond belief. I know a lot of people that tuned in that were UFC fans that thought the product was completely inferior. <br /><br />Minus his FIRST* fight, everything involving Fedor did not seem to help.

Edit

MinnowInaMankiniGotAced - They were bought out by Zuffa?

. Phone Post

Chris27 - When they signed Fedor. That really was the beginning of the end.

DIdnt Rogers vs Fedor do better numbers then most of the UFC on FOX events?

Acidic - 
Chris27 - When they signed Fedor. That really was the beginning of the end.

DIdnt Rogers vs Fedor do better numbers then most of the UFC on FOX events?

Having to pay Fedor 7 figures and giving them co promo and signing hendo for huge money is what killed them. They werent making money on these events because of the Fedor/hendo deals.

Siging Fedor.

Signing Hendo,

Hendo geting beat by a 170lber who jumped ship to the UFC.

Subsequently losing the CBS deal.

Fedor getting choked out in less than 90 seconds.

That pretty much sums it up.

Here is the scoop. Talk to investors in sf to back it up.

After SF lost their CBS deal their investors got very scared and when a capital call was made to continue rubbing the biz only 3 out of the 7 investors put in more money so they diluted shares of those that didn't and they were bought by investors in m1.

As I said before when I posted the m1 contract for Fedor I was an investor in m1 but I choose bit to invest in the sf deal.

Some Investors in m1 were now double dipping cause they had ownership in m1 Fedor and sf.

The renewed showtime deal with new stars made the organization flourish once again. But it was all on fedors back. He was getting like 5x what all other fighters on a card would get combined.

When he lost and lost again that's when the m1 investors wanted out. They rumored to make money on the deal but there shares were bought by someone Close to the fertitas and dana likes and that was told to me like third hand so take it for whatever.

Sooo when showtime now wanted to renew for a small fraction zuffa came in and nabbed it.

This got there friends a good return and also was a huge FU to the m1 people cause they would have gotten a huge return had they stayed in.

When was the downfall? Financially speaking when they lost the CBS deal. Phone Post

IMO they started to fail when the decided to try to become a big show. They were doing fine as a smaller show but I believe the start of their downfall was trying to compete with the UFC. They did ok for a while bit it was clearly not going to be sustainable.

As others have pointed out, signing Fedor only for him to lose to Werdum (someone who was ko'd in the UFC by a then unknown Dos Santos making his debut...yeah yeah time would tell that Dos Santos is a bad mother fucker, but at the time he was an unknown making a debut) and then being overwhelmed and demolished by Big Foot and then KO'd by a middleweight. Also that same middleweight losing to glorified MW that should be fighting at WW.

Their only shining star was pretty much Nick Diaz and we all saw how the CBS show turned out.

Anyways im off topic a bit. Again, I think their downfall began with the decision to take on the UFC.

ShoeMoney - 

After SF lost their CBS deal their investors got very scared and when a capital call was made to continue rubbing the biz only 3 out of the 7 investors put in more money so they diluted shares of those that didn't and they were bought by investors in m1.

As I said before when I posted the m1 contract for Fedor I was an investor in m1 but I choose bit to invest in the sf deal.

Some Investors in m1 were now double dipping cause they had ownership in m1 Fedor and sf.

The renewed showtime deal with new stars made the organization flourish once again. But it was all on fedors back. He was getting like 5x what all other fighters on a card would get combined.

When he lost and lost again that's when the m1 investors wanted out. They rumored to make money on the deal but there shares were bought by someone Close to the fertitas and dana likes and that was told to me like third hand so take it for whatever.

Sooo when showtime now wanted to renew for a small fraction zuffa came in and nabbed it.

This got there friends a good return and also was a huge FU to the m1 people cause they would have gotten a huge return had they stayed in.

When was the downfall? Financially speaking when they lost the CBS deal. Phone Post

Thats pretty interesting. How did SF lose the CBS deal?

WatchinMMA - 

Just was wondering to myself at what point did Strikeforce start to go down hill? I mean other organizations like pride and affliction had key events that made them unfold. Strikeforce didn't really have too many I can think of. Anyone? Phone Post

They got too big too fast.

They were very successful as a profitable local show that filled up their business partner's arena, but stretched themselves way too thin when they went national.  Not only did they spend a bunch of capital to buy EliteXC and sign guys like Fedor & Hendo, they also pissed off their business partners by taking the show on the road rather than concentrating on filling up empty dates in the HP Pavillion. 

When Dana

MdGeist - 
ShoeMoney - 

Thats pretty interesting. How did SF lose the CBS deal?

Probably the terribly boring 3 title fight card and Mayhem rumble, believe that was the last CBS show.

CBS probably said this isnt good.

I think the whole Shields/Hendo ordeal had a big part in it.

-The brawl at the end did harm in future deals with primetime

-Strikeforce barely hyped Shields going in and the fight itself wasnt too memorable or live to the hype (Hendo winning)

-Immediatley after UFC stole Shields away and I think this caused them to fond of stealing champions seeing how much it helps their product.

Also Zuffa taking all their champions as i mentioned above didnt help too much Phone Post

duckhuntgangsta - 

I think Zuffa era SF failed when they refused to work with Dana. He really wanted it to be something interesting and they turned him away. That was a dumb move on ST's part. Phone Post

So true.

Cindy