Atama gold weave

Anyone have an old and new one to compare against each other?

I'd like to know if quality and cut has remained before I drop $ Phone Post 3.0

Can u even get the old gold weave atama gis anymore? Phone Post 3.0

No, I just have some left Phone Post 3.0

Not sure but I will say that the Atama Mundial #9 I got from Rio in 2013 is VERY different to the one I ordered from Atama USA last year. 

carcaju -

Not sure but I will say that the Atama Mundial #9 I got from Rio in 2013 is VERY different to the one I ordered from Atama USA last year. 

How so Phone Post 3.0

The Rio one was very stiff and could stand up vertical on its own, really good tank of a gi. The American one seems to be cut slightly different (bigger), and much softer material. To be honest, it is still brand new and unwashed, but even the unwashed Rio one was just a way better cut and stiffness. But it's weird, because the superlite I go from US distro is fucking awesome. Maybe if I wash it the threads will tighten and it will shrink well but it just feels off.

What do you like about the ultra Phone Post 3.0

Good cut, fits around the chest well without being too baggy, sleeve length is pretty good after shrinkage, light, durable and dries fairly quickly. It's my competition gi and I wear it at least 2 or 3 times a week to train on top of a couple other gis also.

Ty Phone Post 3.0

I had a mundial #9 handed down to me last year. It's been through 3 different guys over the course of 4 years. It still holds up super well and it's my favorite atama that I own. Great gi. Phone Post 3.0

carcaju -

The Rio one was very stiff and could stand up vertical on its own, really good tank of a gi. The American one seems to be cut slightly different (bigger), and much softer material. To be honest, it is still brand new and unwashed, but even the unwashed Rio one was just a way better cut and stiffness. But it's weird, because the superlite I go from US distro is fucking awesome. Maybe if I wash it the threads will tighten and it will shrink well but it just feels off.

Will second the big cut. The jacket, whilst fine on arm length, sits huge on me to the point of being unwearable (and way beyond shrinking) even though I should be right in the middle of the size according to their size chart. Phone Post 3.0

TTG -
carcaju -

Will second the big cut. The jacket, whilst fine on arm length, sits huge on me to the point of being unwearable (and way beyond shrinking) even though I should be right in the middle of the size according to their size chart. Phone Post 3.0
What size? I'll take it off your hands, lol Phone Post 3.0

It's an A3 although I live in Australia so unfortunately postage to anywhere else in the world would be nuts. Phone Post 3.0