Atama Sale

Just thought you guys might be interested in this, seemed like a pretty good deal.

http://www.atama-kimonos.com/index_enter.htm

Free UPS Ground Shipping on U.S. orders over $100

Save 10%-25% off now through Thanksgiving

Use coupon code: DRUMSTICK when checking out online or ordering by phone.

10% off orders from $1-$99

15% off orders from $100-$199

20% off orders from $200-$299

25% off orders from $300 and up

$204 for a single weave blue gi!!!!

WTF happened to ATAMA??? I bought 4 of their gi's (2 white, 2 black) in 2005 for less than $300!!!

they are great, but they are not that fucking great!!!

Chango

I just bought my first Gi, and had my first class yesterday, so I'm shopping for a second.  They have this deal though for a white golden weave, with free shipping.

NGW-4

Pants Size

$169.00

Subtotal before discounts $169.00
Discounts -$25.35

Subtotal: $143.65

Edited for content.... 

I have a wholesale account with them and a few years ago I asked about the continuing price rise. I was told it had everything to do with the fall of the dollar compared to the Brazilian Real.

My first Atama was a blue single weave that I got for $70 delivered. :)

Where do you guys buy your Gis now? 

its too damn expensive now, atama has always been my favorite, but even with this sale....

My god! In a couple years time you'll have to be buddies with Warren Buffet to be able to do BJJ in a Gi. Might have to go NO-Gi or just train in my jeans.

Jeebus. My first bjj gi was an atama single white got it for 70 bucks. Prices have just gotten crazy.

Just wait for the Black Friday/December sale from KillerBeeGi.com....

Tell me more about this KillerBeeGi.com sale please...I had posted another site on here that was having a black friday sale, but was worried about advertising for a company and didnt want to get frozen Phone Post

do not buy anything before thanksgiving.

period.

Sugarfoot - Tell me more about this KillerBeeGi.com sale please...I had posted another site on here that was having a black friday sale, but was worried about advertising for a company and didnt want to get frozen Phone Post

Like killerbeegi.com on FB....and you will get advance notice of this sale.

BJJHQ has a gi deal every week it seems so you can check them out as well

With so many gi companies....pick one in your price range with the best combo for fit and durability etc. Phone Post

i will never pay over 100 bones for a gi again (adjusted for inflation)

wore 2 for 10yrs, gi's always there within 2 days and best out there IMO or you can wear gi's that look like you're at a fashion show

are tools coming on this thread and advertising other brands and websites? Grab a clue

I started the thread and also asked where people were buying their Gi's now. Seems ok to post a response to a simple question. No reason to call people tools for letting everyone know about a sale. Phone Post

LOL @ those prices.  

No thanks 

atama gi's and prices used to be one of the best years ago.....now it's a joke.

When atama raised their prices so drastically I vowed to never buy from them again. They can blame the price increase to market forces until their business fails as far as I care. I currently have bought fuji for the past 5 years or so and they work great, especially for about $80 shipped. Atama is a definite waste of money at their current profit margin. Phone Post

lol @ market forces.  

The problem is now Atama has significant competition for the first time in maybe ever...

When supply increases, the prices usually drop.  Perhaps they had a material cost increase but if that were the case (A) Everyone would be raising their prices accordingly - Atama would probably raise theirs less so sine they would presumably have more purchasing power than other brands and (B) No way a material cost would lead to that type of price hike.  

What is really happening is that the people who own/manage the company are used to living high on the hog.  Now, instead of adapting to the marketplace, they are clinging on to their lifestyles and in the process have raised prices to try and recapture their old bottom line.