Athlete playing at highest level above pay

Daniel nava of the red sox is making around 500k this season. A-rod is making 56 times more this year than nava. He's been in the top 5-10 in on base percentage all season and has hovered around the .300 batting average. He's also near the top in pitches seen per bat

Who else is playing like a star but getting paid like a scrub? Phone Post 3.0

Mike Trout is making 500k this year and he's the best player in baseball two years running

Also, in the NFL, Kaepernick and Wilson...Kap is around $700K and Wilson is around $400K, and both are top 10 QBs

dizz - Mike Trout is making 500k this year and he's the best player in baseball two years running

Dam that's all trout makes? Shit Phone Post

dizz - Also, in the NFL, Kaepernick and Wilson...Kap is around $700K and Wilson is around $400K, and both are top 10 QBs
Ya once those contracts are up (Kap will be first obviously) both those fools will have brinks trucks backed up to their front door soon enough

I so anxious to see how much Kap is worth Phone Post 3.0

How bout older athletes not stuck in the rookie/beginner contracts? Phone Post 3.0

MyUnclesCreepy -
dizz - Also, in the NFL, Kaepernick and Wilson...Kap is around $700K and Wilson is around $400K, and both are top 10 QBs
Ya once those contracts are up (Kap will be first obviously) both those fools will have brinks trucks backed up to their front door soon enough

I so anxious to see how much Kap is worth Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0

In Phone Post

Speaking of the two names in my first post, Nava is already 4 for 4 tonight with two doubles and A-Fraud left the game cause his hammy hurt

For top players in the NBA that aren't on rookie contracts Stephen Curry is probably the best bargain. At about 11 million a year. There's a lot of players making twice that. Phone Post

dizz - Mike Trout is making 500k this year and he's the best player in baseball two years running
No other answer will suffice.
/thread Phone Post 3.0

Few years ago Chris Johnson was making 650k a year after rushing for 2k yards the previous season. Phone Post 3.0

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - For top players in the NBA that aren't on rookie contracts Stephen Curry is probably the best bargain. At about 11 million a year. There's a lot of players making twice that. Phone Post
Well, only Kobe and Dirk are getting twice that.

They might be saving a little on Curry but he's getting about the same as Rondo, Horford, Noah and KG. And more than Duncan.

Considering he's never made an all NBA team or even an all star team, he doesn't play defense and has only scored over 20ppg once I'm not sure he's huge value.

Having said that he is a very good player. But they are only saving 10-20 percent on his contract. Phone Post 3.0

GIBB0 -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - For top players in the NBA that aren't on rookie contracts Stephen Curry is probably the best bargain. At about 11 million a year. There's a lot of players making twice that. Phone Post

They might be saving a little on Curry but he's getting about the same as Rondo, Horford, Noah and KG. And more than Duncan.

Considering he's never made an all NBA team or even an all star team, he doesn't play defense and has only scored over 20ppg once I'm not sure he's huge value.

Having said that he is a very good player. But they are only saving 10-20 percent on his contract. Phone Post 3.0
he hasnt made the all star game cos hes a guard in the western conf, thats about it. considering thats his new contract and not some old extension he signed before he blew up id say hes a bargain. out in the east jeff teague is making about as much as that. landry fields is in the same neighborhood. rudy gay making almost twice that. curry is a bargain if there was one Phone Post 3.0

GIBB0 -

I just checked. He's getting 9 million for this season. There are 14 players getting paid twice that this season. He's only the 4th highest paid player on his team this year! That's the best bargain in the NBA right now and I don't think it's close. If he were a free agent this summer he would be getting paid max money. Phone Post

And of the guys you mentioned they all make more than Curry. Durant is making 2x as much. Rondo is 3 mill more. The others 2 mill more. There's just no way a guy that young who shoots that well is only slightly undervalued. Especially after how well he proved himself in the playoffs. Phone Post

Nava is a key piece for us, especially going into the playoffs. He's always getting on base, makes pitchers work, and hits for a little power. IMO he should hit second in the lineup right before or after pedroia depending on when ellsbury gets back Phone Post 3.0

I took your word at $11 million. So he's actually making $9.9 (so $10M). You said plenty were making double $11 million.

His value would be around $12-$13 million. His current contract has 4 years left for $44 million.

Landry Fields is a bad contract at 2 years $13.5 million. That's very different from Currys contract.

Rondo is 2 years $23 million for an allstar, NBA champion and far more accomplished playoff performer.

A non allstar who can potentially score 25 a game Curry for $10m is a potential bargain but with his bad ankle its not the best value in the league.

For example;

Blatche for $1.4 million
6'11 10 pts and 5 rebounds in only 19 mins last year

Chandler Parsons for $950k
16 pts, 5 Rebs, 3.5 asts with solid team D last year

Kirilenko for $3 mill

Ray Allen for $3.2 mill

Hell, I'd say Lebron at $19 million is better value just because he isn't completely maxed out. Phone Post 3.0

Chandler Parsons is best value in the NBA

$926,000

15.5 pts, 5.3 Rebs, 3.5 asts
18.2 pts, 6.5 Rebs, 3.7 asts in playoffs Phone Post 3.0

Johnny Football