Att: Slydawg

Could you share your favorite recipes for lamb and baba ganoush?

ttt

ttt

ttt

Ttt

Don't you fucking do it.

Prepares to hit slydog with shoe.

vagabond - Don't you fucking do it.

Prepares to hit slydog with shoe.

Ha! Up yours with a cheese grader.

Hummus dawg,  make it known

For later

Slydawg - 

Ingredients

2 eggplants

1-2 tb minced garlic

1 med chopped sweet onion (I think yellow)

4 tb virgin olive oil

3 or 4 tb fresh lemon juice

1 tsp salt

½ ts ground pepper

3 tb chopped fresh parsley

½ ts cayenne pepper

3 chopped green onions

3 chopped radishes

Grill your eggplant and let cool off (outdoor grill or pan)

Remove skin

Food processor for a couple seconds just to break up

Move eggplant into a bowl

Heat olive oil on very low heat, once warm then add in onions

Remove onions in 10 min, put onions in eggplant bowl

Add parsley, lemon, salt, garlic, pepper to eggplant bowl

Stir it very good

Put into a serving dish and garnish with the olive oil, cayenne pepper, radishes and green onions. Put the olive oil on first

You can substitute the cayenne pepper with paprika

Thank you very much. I'll be making it this Friday.

Yes, if you could share the hoummous recipe it would be appreciated. The wife prefers it, while I prefer the baba.

Slydawg -

I can do the hummus one in a short video. Not sure if I want anyone to hear me speak? I'll think about it. 

My hummus is the best I have had. You need a very good food processor. 

I would like to hear you speak and appreciate you posting recipies. 

Thank you. 

In - please post your hummus video. Question for you, I love lamb on a spit. Is there anyway to replicate lamb on a split on a small scale (ie. a couple pounds of lamb instead of a whole lamb) from your personal experience?

Slydawg - 

I can do the hummus one in a short video. Not sure if I want anyone to hear me speak? I'll think about it. 

My hummus is the best I have had. You need a very good food processor. 

You have to be sporting the TapOut beanie for the video btw..

In for hummus recipe 

I had no clue there was this much interest in middle eastern food! I have never really tried it because I dont know what anything is and didnt want to order something that I did not like but there is a TON of restaraunts in my area that serve various types of middle eastern food. Maybe with Sly advising me on what things taste like I will hit up a couple of my local places and report back to the OG. 

I'll make it by you directions this time. Maybe after that combine some of the elements of yours with the one I've been using. Which is a little different. We love sumac and use it on our lamb, baba, hummus, etc..

https://www.themediterraneandish.com/baba-ganoush-recipe/

1 large eggplant, cut in half
Olive oil
1 tbsp plain yogurt
1 1/2 tbsp tahini
1 garlic clove
1 tbsp lime or lemon juice, more if you like
Salt and pepper
1/2 tsp to 1 tsp cayenne pepper (eliminate if you prefer mild)
1/2 tsp sumac, more for garnish
Toasted pine nuts for garnish
Parsley leaves for garnish

Passive Jay - 

I had no clue there was this much interest in middle eastern food! I have never really tried it because I dont know what anything is and didnt want to order something that I did not like but there is a TON of restaraunts in my area that serve various types of middle eastern food. Maybe with Sly advising me on what things taste like I will hit up a couple of my local places and report back to the OG. 

I date a Cuban/Lebanese girl throughout college and was introduced to it. Her father grew up with a Lebanese diet and so 1/2 of their meals were traditional Lebanese and 1/2 Cuban.

Slydawg -
Passive Jay - 

Jay, you live in the best place to get Middle Eastern food in the Country and perhaps the world. You have every style within driving distance. Next time please let me treat.

You dont have to pay again (not only did Sly insist on paying for my lunch and drinks when we hung out last time he would not even let me pay for the carry out lunch i was bringing home to my wife!) but I do want to go to some of these place with you, tell in general what kind of food I like, and have you give me the low down on what I should try. 

Slydawg - 
Graduate1 - In - please post your hummus video. Question for you, I love lamb on a spit. Is there anyway to replicate lamb on a split on a small scale (ie. a couple pounds of lamb instead of a whole lamb) from your personal experience?

I'm the only in my entire family that will eat lamb. They all eat beef, chicken. LOL I do not know this but I can post a badass video if you want to see some good lamb.

Please do Sly. Over the last few years I have replaced pork with lamb and I am always looking at new recipe's. Much appreciated

Quite a few in my family wouldn't eat lamb for a long time because their introduction to it was from my aunt who made Brit recipe with mint jelly. She's a horrible cook and had no idea what she was doing, incredibly under seasoned and overcooked, it stunk and tasted like shoe leather.

I brought home Lebanese lamb and had to trick my immediate family and tell them it was beef and the taste difference was just the seasoning. Once they rambled a bit about how good it was I broke the news to them and told them to shut their faces.