Attack on Titan to end in 3-4 years

From http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/18/attack-on-titan-to-end-in-three-or-four-years-after-solving-all-its-mysteries/

It is the best selling comic book in the world.

But Attack On Titan has now been given a countdown to its demise.

Crunchy Roll helpfully translated The University of Tokyo Newspaper that has interviewed the almuni editor of the comic Shintaro Kawakubo, where he says that he expects the series to last three or four more years, solving the mysteries it has already set up – but not setting any new ones up.

Anime News Network also reports that Shintaro sees the series living on,

”The serialization is slated to end in three to four years, but Attack on Titan is a work that will be passed down from generation to generation for a decade — no, five decades.”

Yeah, I’m been too lax on this. I think I feel a “reading Attack On Titan from the beginning as a complete newbie” column coming on…

i think it's a good series but not as good as people make it to be

I agree Dante, it's good but not great.  The anime adaptation is good as well, but I couldn't take the, literally, minutes long moments of introspection by some of the characters, especially Armin.  The music from the early episodes really got the heart pumping as well.  

Papa November - 

I agree Dante, it's good but not great.  The anime adaptation is good as well, but I couldn't take the, literally, minutes long moments of introspection by some of the characters, especially Armin.  The music from the early episodes really got the heart pumping as well.  

Yeah...there's a painfully long lag in some episodes.  I do want to know the mystery behind the Titans, though.

Here's my theory: Titans' are organic 'mecha' constructs that were used as weapons.  Stuff goes wrong, pilots lose their minds to the constructs and become giant people eating machines.  A select few are able to control the constructs, to a certain degree, but not to the level that they were intended to be controlled, ie as living weapons. How's that for an off the cuff, out of my ass, analysis?

Papa November - 

Here's my theory: Titans' are organic 'mecha' constructs that were used as weapons.  Stuff goes wrong, pilots lose their minds to the constructs and become giant people eating machines.  A select few are able to control the constructs, to a certain degree, but not to the level that they were intended to be controlled, ie as living weapons. How's that for an off the cuff, out of my ass, analysis?

Not bad.

Good theory.

I love the anime.

The first few episodes were truly terrifying.

That smiling titan gave me nightmares, haha.

The enemy is Satan.

Just watched the first season on Netflix and really liked it. Cant wait til s 2 but i read that season 1 covered a large portion of the existing manga (havent read any) And the anime will pass the manga if the amount of material covered in s 1 is equaled in s 2. Phone Post 3.0