Attention Dana: Improved Ranking System

I have a simple solution to the current ranking system which will help ensure more fairness when the Reebok deal kicks in. What you should do is a simple equation to place fighters within the tiers of the system.

Current Ranking + Fights in the UFC = Tier Rank

The Champion's ranking would exempt a fighter from the system. For everyone else, a rank of 15th would earn 5 points, with each higher rank earning an additional 5 points. So #15= 5 points #2= 70 points. Then each fight in the UFC, would be worth 2 points. Below is an example using the current UFC Featherweight Rankings based on data from "rankingmma.com"

#1 Aldo - Exempt from Tier Rank System
#3 Edgar - (65pts for #3 Ranking + (18 fights x 2pts)= 101pts
#2 Mendes - (70pts for #2 + (9 fights x 2pts) = 88pts
#4 Swanson - 76pts
#9 Siver - 69pts
----------------------Tier 1^
#10 Stevens - 68pts
#6 Lamas - 64pts
#5 McGregor - 63pts
#7 Bermudez -63pts (Tie goes to higher Ranked Fighter)
#8 Poirier - 62pts
-----------------------Tier 2^
#13 Guida - 55pts
#11 Lentz - 51pts
#12 Oliveira - 40pts
#14 Elkins - 32pts
#21 Cole Miller 32pts
-----------------------Tier 3^

The system awards fighters for their ranking as well as for their time in the UFC.

What does everyone else think? Decent idea? I use a similar ranking system at work and it seems to be a pretty fair way to compensate people.

TL:DR Version...

Ranking = 5pts for each spot
Example: #2 Ranking = 70pts
#15 Ranking = 5pts

Each UFC Fight = 2pts

Add the two numbers together to get Reebok Sponsorship Ranking.

Example from above: It allows a guy like Cole Miller to make it into the top 15 despite not being ranked and rewards him for his years of service in the UFC. Phone Post 3.0

I like your thinking, homie. Time in UFC should be taken into account. Joe Lauzon should be getting paid whether or not he's ranked.

NYjojo - I like your thinking, homie. Time in UFC should be taken into account. Joe Lauzon should be getting paid whether or not he's ranked.
Thanks! Phone Post 3.0

No. The fight game is awesome because it is a meritocracy. You should be in complete control over how much money you get.

If you are a better fighter than someone else, why should they get paid more just because they have been there longer?

Seniority works in companies because there is knowledge and wisdom that has been accumulated over a career and that is valuable information that can be shared amongst the employees. An old fighter doesn't share what he has learned with other fighters in his division. Even if he did, that has no real benefit for the company.

I just don't think that Mike Pierce should be making more money than Erick Silva just because he was born earlier. Phone Post 3.0

Spinning Shit - No. The fight game is awesome because it is a meritocracy. You should be in complete control over how much money you get.

If you are a better fighter than someone else, why should they get paid more just because they have been there longer?

Seniority works in companies because there is knowledge and wisdom that has been accumulated over a career and that is valuable information that can be shared amongst the employees. An old fighter doesn't share what he has learned with other fighters in his division. Even if he did, that has no real benefit for the company.

I just don't think that Mike Pierce should be making more money than Erick Silva just because he was born earlier. Phone Post 3.0
That's a pretty shitty example since neither Mike Pierce nor Erick Silva are ranked in the top 15... 27th and 19th according to rankingmma.com. Phone Post 3.0

I think they should just make Joe Silva do it, his opinion matters more than anybody elses