Attention North Carolina people (i.e., traitors)

Please comment on this thread and defend your sedition:

Delicious BBQ (pics)

ttt for defending the indefensible

I think the new breed of trolls has left you on the dustbin of history. Sorry, TPK. Old timers like us are destined for the glue factory. Phone Post 3.0

glutten factory, imo

what's to defend? you called grilling bbq. you don't barbeque hot dogs.

I BET YOU IF YOU USED CAPSLOCK THIS THREAD WOULD HAVE SUCCEEDED 1000 FOLD...............

BIGWHITESEXY - 

I BET YOU IF YOU USED CAPSLOCK THIS THREAD WOULD HAVE SUCCEEDED 1000 FOLD...............

I WISH I HAD THOUGHT OF THAT EARLIER

cruedi - what's to defend? you called grilling bbq. you don't barbeque hot dogs.

Of course you do.  You place them on the barbecue, barbecue them, and then serve them at your barbecue.

This is self evident.

lolz

these are truely weak especially when steve72 and BWS have to support the attempt.

The thing is, TPK is an attorney, and knows full well what he's doing.

He is trying to enforce a strict construction of the word "barbecue", as opposed to the implied term of common usage, which means going to the dictionary, which means that alternative (read "bad") meanings are allowed. He is disregarding the concept of stare decisis, wherein authorities have consistently decided that grilling does not constitute barbecue (Flay v. Sosa, Servantes v. Sierra)

He is taking the idiocy of the few, and trying to pass it off as the wisdom of the many. Yes, there are, indeed, people who believe that grilling=barbecue, but the fact that some people have been seduced by the lie does not make it true.

My old stocking friend,Slowshot, could not be more wrong. He has inverted reality. 

Revisionists have tried to shrink the definition of the word to mean barbecue cooked in steel closed "pits" similar to the method practiced at modern barbecue competitions, which they call "real barbecue" and which they claim is low and slow, cooked with indirect heat and smoke. In practice, many of them are now cooking with high temperatures and wrapping the meat in foil, which is another culinary method entirely called braising.

When they speak of real barbecue they are thinking of the popular style of low and slow smoke roasting as developed in the American South. In fact, they are speaking of Southern Barbecue. Alas, they are forgetting that barbecue is practiced around the world in different ways, and that the majority of the public just doesn't agree with them.

Summary. So let's try to come up with one overarching all encompassing definition, and hope that my effort does not precipitate violence:

Barbecue has many meanings. The bottom line is that it is a cooking method that produces smoke. It often involves flame for heat. Barbecue is also a cooking device that produces the smoke. In addition, barbecue is an event, usually festive and outdoors, at which food is barbecued on a barbecue. And finally, barbecue is a flavor produced by cooking with a barbecue, often with a sweet ketchup based sauce called barbecue sauce, on a barbecue at a barbecue event. Unless it is cooked on an electric barbecue, with any other sauce you like, and eaten alone indoors.

Source: http://amazingribs.com/BBQ_articles/barbecue_defined.html

My old life coach, TPK is sourcing "amazingribs.com" for an article about barbecue.

That's like me sourcing "fifa.com" for an article about football.

Sorry, but....

you need to bring back that little plastic doll that would be featured prominently in pics of you in various situations in your travels. I think people identified with that little plastic doll much better.

for what it's worth! from a '14'er! FOURTEEN INCH OG TEAM

http://armorsteelbuildings.com/images/index/Brief%20case%20open.jpg

I refuse to concede.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbecue_in_North_Carolina

Excerpt: Contrast to grilling[edit]
Oftentimes the two phrases "barbecuing" and "grilling" are mistakenly used as interchangeable words, although they imply completely different cooking methods. Grilling is a cooking method that uses dry heat, supplied by burning wood, charcoal or gas flame, and the heat is applied to the surface of the food being cooked. Typically food is cooked quickly using this method. Barbecuing is a slower process that uses lower heat and often the food is cooked by the heat of the smoke itself, rather than directly by the heat of the burning wood.

Slowshot - http://armorsteelbuildings.com/images/index/Brief%20case%20open.jpg

I refuse to concede.

Posting blindly for slowshot:

Slowshot - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbecue_in_North_Carolina

Excerpt: Contrast to grilling[edit]
Oftentimes the two phrases "barbecuing" and "grilling" are mistakenly used as interchangeable words, although they imply completely different cooking methods. Grilling is a cooking method that uses dry heat, supplied by burning wood, charcoal or gas flame, and the heat is applied to the surface of the food being cooked. Typically food is cooked quickly using this method. Barbecuing is a slower process that uses lower heat and often the food is cooked by the heat of the smoke itself, rather than directly by the heat of the burning wood.

lol @ using "Barbecue in North Carolina" as a an unbiased source. Please note that my source was not so geographically limited and, in fact, recognized barbecue around the world

Additionally, this thread has gotten me into an argument with CSG about whether Carolina Brothers or Williards is better.