Attention OG Runners! Shoes?

So, I don't run much. I do sprints once a week and that's about it. I do run the occasional 5k with my wife, but I seriously avoid it like the plague. Anyhow, my wife convinced me to buy some Brooks Glycerin 11s. She had the 10s for work (she's a nurse on her feet 12 hours a day) and said they were amazingly comfy. So I begrudgingly spent my 150 dollars on the ugliest pair of shoes I've ever seen. She was right super comfortable. Best I've ever worn by far. I still can't get over the price. I found the Glycerin 10s online for 80 bucks, and I'm considering returning the 11s and ordering those. Any real difference? Or just marketing to spend double for the same shoes? Phone Post 3.0

I just checked those shoes on a local Australian website and they would cost me $250!!! Consider $150 a bargain. Phone Post 3.0

Brooks Ghosts are the best running shoe I've tried, so I'd say you made the right choice with the brand.

Any other good shoes I can look at? She got the Asia gel nimbus 15 this time around . I also found the older version of those online for almost half the price. I considered grabbing those as they aren't quite as ugly. Phone Post 3.0

Sagiv Lapkin -

Brooks Ghosts are the best running shoe I've tried, so I'd say you made the right choice with the brand.

Guess I should've refreshed before posting. I'll stick with the brooks. I tried the ghosts in too, I liked the glycerine better. Phone Post 3.0

Sagiv Lapkin -

Agreed - Great shoes - like walking on air. Phone Post 3.0

Not thread jacking but where would one go to find shoes for say an avg athletic but soon to be over weight 30 yr old who is looking into getting back to running? Phone Post 3.0

baj54 - Not thread jacking but where would one go to find shoes for say an avg athletic but soon to be over weight 30 yr old who is looking into getting back to running? Phone Post 3.0
It seems as though the running warehouse site that was previously posted would be the place. Although I was able to find both the brooks glycerin 10s and the asics gel nimbus 14s in eastbay for roughly half price. Phone Post 3.0

Also, vote ups for everyone, I appreciate the input. Phone Post 3.0