Attention Sled Dog--A DB Question

besides mark charge (on and off) for admission - (it's back on) - he doesnt want you to take video's - even of your own fights - he video tapes the fight's and includes them on his tapes that he sells - and you cant ask him not to use you fight - so basically - your risking all - and he takes your bloody image and pimps it out and makes a living off it -

thats what i mean by profit -

stick - DB gatherings are the furtherest thing from stick fighting - because of the armor - you do things you could never do w/o it - so most people end up just swing - and crash and bash - there's so skill and technique that is involved - but - i think it's far from what kali (escrima/arnis) - truely is - some people play thegame better than other (like top dog) - but ... i dont know -- anyway - it's good for what it is - pretty much go in there and fuck each other up - under a friendly atmosphere -

again - there's alot of mayhem during the fights - and when shit gets to tough - you just charge - take a shot or two and then do bjj

"...and when shit gets to tough - you just charge - take a shot or two and then do bjj"

If swords and/or knives were involved, such a strategy would not work--just an observation.

exactly my point (no pun intended)

haha!

sreiter, just to play devils advocate( again, because I have my own ongoing debate in my head about the"business" end of the MA) Isnt Mark the one who organizes plans and holds the whole thing? Then should he be able to make a living off of his efforts? If he wasnt able to support himself through these endevors, he would probably need to get a regular job and not be able to teach/hold seminars as a livleyhood , keeping a skilled fighter/teacher from the masses.

"a skilled fighter/teacher"

that statement is VERY DEBATEABLE - as i've trained w/marc - actually as his training partner

as far as marc "organizing" - yes - however, writing on the blackboard at the inosanto academy, posting on the net, and e-mailing friends to me does require all that much effort -

again - he stops you from videoing your own stuff - and you have no choice, but to allow him to profit from your image -

thats what i have a problem with -