ATTENTION STRIKEFORCE!

also lobby for knees to head of downed opponent if possible

Let's see. Strikeforce doesn't allow elbows on the ground.

And yet UFC is watered down MMA. Stevenson beat Fisher at UFC 104 with elbows on the ground.

vale tudo style?

TheVileOne - Let's see. Strikeforce doesn't allow elbows on the ground.

And yet UFC is watered down MMA. Stevenson beat Fisher at UFC 104 with elbows on the ground.
 Anyone saying UFC is watered down is comparing it to traditional Vale Tudo or japanese MMA, in which case I can't disagree.  No one would say that the UFC is watered down compared to Strikeforce, lol.

Strikeforce doesn't allow foot stomps, soccer kicks, knees on the ground, or elbows on the ground.But hey, elbows are a dirty tactic used to purposefully cut the other guy and make it look like they are hurt worse than they actually are or trying to stop a fight prematurely because of a cut.People cried major foul when Mir was telling his guys on TUF to try and cut their opponents with the elbows.

elbows too pointy/ 10

no thanks.

sorry, by foot stomps, I mean foot stomps to the head on the ground.

I wish they allowed ellbows

i hate this bull shit. elbows take skill to master. you can't just stay in the guard and throw them easily. they act like everybody is an elbow master. look at shields/mayhem. how many times did shields have the chance to elbow and do signifigant damage, he was even warned not to throw 'em. imo elbows are allowed in the rules, then let people use them. and making someone bleed is a great tactic. blood screws with your vision and leaves openings for a good punch combo. but it's ok to make people bleed from punches.

Fights this year ended with the assistance of grounded elbows - not cut stoppages

Tandam McCrory over Ryan Madigan - in combination with punches

Kendall Grove over Jason Day - in combination with punches

Marvin Eastman over Aron Lofton

John Hathaway over Tom Egan

Nate Quarry over Jason Macdonald

Joe Stevenson over Spencer Fisher

now can we get a list of cut stoppages ( due to grounded elbows) to compare?

the only one i can think of off hand is Hector Lombard over Jared Hess, and im not even sure that cut was caused by elbows