Attn ALL Shendokan Affiliates -Code Black

Aaaand snapple just deleted his own posts. Haha. The plot thickens! Phone Post

If you can read this, you are among "the chosen".

Though the "Hour of Miracle" is upon us, there is still much to do when the courier reaches you with the vial of hair.

Wash with the Defense Soap as you have been instructed, don your purified gi and play the "Earthbound" DVD in reverse. Then turn to p.822 in "Shenometrics -The Science of Living!".

Master Haim's body is safe

The Shen Bu is open and waiting.

All that is left is to prepare your mind for battle upon the astroplane as the cosmic dojo invasion reaches it's zenith!

Remember, on the other side there will be Pinkberry so abundant you can bathe in it --but only if we win this battle!

--BTW--

and this is 100% my bad on this one, I am going to need someone to swing by my mom's house in Palmdale and pick up my Keisha cd. So many details... it just totally slipped my mind.

Thx!

shen - 

If you can read this, you are among "the chosen".

Though the "Hour of Miracle" is upon us, there is still much to do when the courier reaches you with the vial of hair.

Wash with the Defense Soap as you have been instructed, don your purified gi and play the "Earthbound" DVD in reverse. Then turn to p.822 in "Shenometrics -The Science of Living!".

Master Haim's body is safe

The Shen Bu is open and waiting.

All that is left is to prepare your mind for battle upon the astroplane as the cosmic dojo invasion reaches it's zenith!

Remember, on the other side there will be Pinkberry so abundant you can bathe in it --but only if we win this battle!

--BTW--

and this is 100% my bad on this one, I am going to need someone to swing by my mom's house in Palmdale and pick up my Keisha cd. So many details... it just totally slipped my mind.

Thx!

Who's in charge of keeping tab on Wes Sim and Tom Gavrilos's mobile dojo?!

Who among us will heed the call to protect Shendokan/ShenBu from the infidels!!!

Yours in Shihad!!

SHIHAD!!!!!!

It's funny... other Jiu Jitsu schools would ask why we don't roll. Well by god SHOW THEM why we never roll!

SHOW THEM the POWER you have created in your minds purely through visualization of technique and jiu-jitsu video games.

Show them so that maybe they will finally understand what the Shendokan has been training for.

Maybe now they will understand, there is no "arm to grab" on the astral plane and that our jiu jitsu is meant for a realm much higher than some little padded mat on the floor!

--BTW, I'm 100% serious about that Keisha cd, guys. It's right on my mom's counter. It's not like I'm asking you for some HUGE favor here, someone just needs to swing by, ok? I'd ask my mom to do it but she's at work. Thx.

--OH and wrists FLEXED when applying the Kimura (same as applying the Americana). Creates greater mechanical advantage with no drawbacks I know of. Or am I wrong here...? Other opinions? Insights?

I use a circular grip (with thumb) as I grab their wrist, this helps me to follow their arm as they move it around. I then grab my own wrist using the no-thumb grip. At this point I can can then bring my thumb around on my initial grip, until that too is a no-thumb grip. I rev my wrists, pressure down on their shoulder, rip their arm off.

TTT for all affiliates.

I have also dispatched couriers to our brothers with limited internet presence. The Shendokan is eternal. We will endure!

Sincerely,

ZT
SBJJA Montana
Whitefish, MT

Is there a UK affiliate I could join, before the end of times?

Well no big deal about the cd, thanks for trying.

Still got PLENTY of "Fallout Boy", for everyone in the Shen Bu shelter to enjoy.

Soon enough the greatest dojo invasion the universe has ever seen will be at it's zenith!

Gm.Shen

--Damn! I should have said to grab some pizza rolls too --mom always has a giant box from Costco in the freezer. ARRRGH!

JonnySweats - Is there a UK affiliate I could join, before the end of times?

The end of times draws nigh! (Is nigh???) I mean, it's here.

Sooo... If I were you I would recall those nonathletic guys who came to your dojo a few times in the ultra fancy, expensive gi and never rolled? Remember them? The guys you probably made fun of?

Well go to them NOW, for they are the elect!

Swear you allegiance to the Shendokan and they will protect you.

(also, truthfully, going to my online store and purchasing a lil' somethin' wouldn't hurt).

Gm Shen

--Does anyone "Stack" their hands when doing the Kimura a la Cath Wrestling? Seems like a good way, just never really did it.

shen - 
JonnySweats - Is there a UK affiliate I could join, before the end of times?

The end of times draws nigh! (Is nigh???) I mean, it's here.

Sooo... If I were you I would recall those nonathletic guys who came to your dojo a few times in the ultra fancy, expensive gi and never rolled? Remember them? The guys you probably made fun of?

Well go to them NOW, for they are the elect!

Swear you allegiance to the Shendokan and they will protect you.

(also, truthfully, going to my online store and purchasing a lil' somethin' wouldn't hurt).

Gm Shen

--Does anyone "Stack" their hands when doing the Kimura a la Cath Wrestling? Seems like a good way, just never really did it.

well I was a bit dismissive of this thread up until this point. Holy crap! I've already received some shrunken hand me downs from some of these guys. Was some Shendokan authority being secretly bestowed upon me without my understanding?... kind of like the greatest american hero?

BTW - I'm with Sir Taps on the kimura grippin'. When on bottom 1/2, I like to trap their hand behind their own hip before committing the second hand and you need the thumb to do that.

I tried to get the snacks out of your freezer but your mom is vicious.

Mu hand that grabs the wrist isnt "flexed" i shelf it like im carrying a tray, and then use the other hand to draw their arm into my shelf. Also i try to grab as close to te hand as i can, similar to a toe hold. In the spirit. Phone Post

Snapple - 
omoplautistic - 

Aaaand snapple just deleted his own posts. Haha. The plot thickens! Phone Post

I do that from time to time where I delete all my own posts and threads.  

Any way you have issue with me please feel ffree say it

no I'm good. thanks for asking though. :)

Can someone help me out please.

The Earthbound DVD is region 1 and I've only got a region 2 player?! Phone Post

Poncey - 

Can someone help me out please.

The Earthbound DVD is region 1 and I've only got a region 2 player?! Phone Post

Laserdisc is your answer my friend.

James

shen, when i left your mom's place this morning the only thing on her kitchen counter was an empty OJ glass and some sweaty ass prints.

it's possible one of her other suitors snagged it before i got in last night. i did swipe a vial of hair out of her medicine cabinet; i'm probably not supposed to have it but i figured if this is the apocalypse, then what the hell. can't hurt, right?

any of you guys ever lace your forearms together and grab your elbows to finish the keymara? some catch/looty guy showed me this and it generates a lot of leverage, but it doesn't seem very versatile.

Snapple -  Shen, not really a grip question more postioning when applying you kimura.  I like your corner hold down position especially the angle you take from shoulder to hip has made a big difference in a person not escaping during transition. However if some burys their elbow so you can bring your knee/shin over the arm.  How do you keep them from going to all fours/ turtle?      I already have the knee/ inside of the thigh out rigger style to push against their back to keep them going back down flat.

So now going back to the grip instead of straighting the arm that you use to cup your own wrist.  I bring the forearm/ elbow  on top of their hip to prevent them to go all fours.  What do you use when your unable to put the shin over the arm to keep it trapped so they can't come up?

You can still prevent people from going to Turtle by being careful not to roll them onto their side, nor allowing them to "sit up" but it is harder to control them.

The idea though from the get go is that you start from an "under/over" position with your arms when in Corner Hold so that their FAR arm is isolated, away from their body. From there you put your palm on it to pin it, then put your shin on it to pin it so that it is a step-by-step process to prevent precisely the situation you're asking about.

So you can still do the submission but it IS riskier. I personally tend to opt for something else at that point, like a "Paper Cutter" type choke, rather than proceed with the Kimura.

Matthieu Battle - shen, when i left your mom's place this morning the only thing on her kitchen counter was an empty OJ glass and some sweaty ass prints.

it's possible one of her other suitors snagged it before i got in last night. i did swipe a vial of hair out of her medicine cabinet; i'm probably not supposed to have it but i figured if this is the apocalypse, then what the hell. can't hurt, right?

any of you guys ever lace your forearms together and grab your elbows to finish the keymara? some catch/looty guy showed me this and it generates a lot of leverage, but it doesn't seem very versatile.

"Suitors"...?

Who...?

--You mean like that guy Don? He just helps out around the house, stops by to say "Hi"... Mom's not interesting in Don! No way man.

My mom isn't "banging" dudes. Trust me.

That's my mom! Why are you even telling me this?!?

Jesus, I feel gross.

are we talking about the guys who left? Or the guys who came back a few times as midnight blue belts?

If they turn to their sides and try to turtle I go N/S, sit on their head and pinch my knees together. Then get my chest against their elbow. They're stuck and I can finish as kimura, wrist lock, arm bar or flatten them out extend my arm (the one that was gripping his arm) and grab that bicep with my other arm which creates brutal shoulder pressure even if he has his hand hidden inside his own leg.