Attn: All Shin Hackers!

STOP IT!

Amen to that! We have a guy in our club that when he shows up everybody puts on their shin guards. He sweeps like a soccer player. He once took the skin off my shin through a heavy double weave pants.

How's the shins today?

My shins are ok! Just a bit of venting to everyone in the judo/sambo community and a warning to all the shinhackers out there! Paybacks are a muthafucker!

This is not directed to any single individual, but a sub-judo community in general.

lol

sometimes you gotta hack to learn the foot techniques. and when you miss a foot technique it is a hack. i think thats a part of judo. i get hacked on nightly. some of the best ashiwaza throwers are the first people to hack the hell outta you until they finally hit that one.

i dont mind the hacking.

then again, when i decide to grind my skull into your jaw or club you in the head you'd better not complain.

Why is everyone looking at me?

"then again, when i decide to grind my skull into your jaw or club you in the head you'd better not complain."

Exactly my point!!

"
One of my kickboxing friends started taking judo about a year after I did. When he was a blue belt (2nd kyu) he decided he'd had enough of shin hackers. The next guy who did it got a full blast muay thai shin to the thigh. When he was rolling on the ground clutching his leg, my friend says, real loud for the whole dojo, "Kick me, I kick you. Next one goes to your head. So, do you want to do judo or kick me?"
Oddly, we didn't have any problems with shin hacking for a good long time. "

BINGO!!

"...The next guy who did it got a full blast muay thai shin to the thigh. When he was rolling on the ground clutching his leg, my friend says, real loud for the whole dojo, "Kick me, I kick you. Next one goes to your head. So, do you want to do judo or kick me?""

Man, there have been times that I wanted to do that. (I also used to kickbox.)

I can understand when someone whacks your shin, while attempting to sweep, as you are moving. It is less excusable to whack someone hard in shin when the victim is motionless.

Ed

i constantly go shin to shin with my sasai. maybe its cause i got short legs, dunno.. but hey, thats alright cause i burise myself as much as anybody else.

i know it sucks to be hacked and all.. but, again, i wanna point out that a lot of the best ashiwaza people are hackers like none other. when they miss, man it hurts and you'll hop around like a fool for a bit. but, i dont see it to be any different than a guy whose favorite throw is uchimata and he accidentally gets you in the nuts.

no offense guys but.. kiss my ass. :-X

*whack*

*whack*

btw: please TRY to kick me back. you'll be countered before you lift your slow leg bubba... that's exactly what I want. If you weren't holding such a defensive posture and were actually moving towards me with an attack I probably wouldn't have time to hack. There is a fine line between perfect timing and a powerful "hack". Just like every other throw you can't half-ass ashiwaza. you've got to commit.

and they say atemiwaza is dead...

and lol @ kicking the guy on the thigh. I'm a san shou guy. I'd just get aroused... then really start to hit you.

btw: Anytime someone has asked me to take it easy or has shown a visable sign of pain, I've immediately stopped. Hurting a partner on purpose is unexcusable.

Our coach calls it "American Style Judo", it's one of his favorite funny lines.

Ben Reinhardt

I think when you miss, it's not really hacking. But then again, I've been known to kick the crap out of people upon missing a legit footsweep attack.

Just kicking away with no attempt at technique is hacking.

Ben R.

Ben wrote, "Just kicking away with no attempt at technique is hacking."

Exactly.

No offense, Bull, but there's always someone tougher out there. ;-)Absolutely only a fool would presume otherwise.

But then again, I've been known to kick the crap out of people upon missing a legit footsweep attack. Just kicking away with no attempt at technique is hackingI'm guilty of both. I'm looking for the first, but if I'm off and hack 'em.. it's their problem. next time they see my foot coming they'll be more apt to move and that's what I want from it - reaction.I'm probably not making any new friends on this thread am I? sorry boys.

True story here..
josh peterson.. had to be about 6 years ago.. maybe less. he was maybe 175. hit an okuri-ashi-barai on a heavyweight. hit it so hard that he slid the guys right foot into his left. all anybody heard was the knocking of his ankle and foot bones together with the "slap" sound of josh's foot.

guy gets blasted- huge throw. starts rolling around in pain telling us how bad it hurt. we laugh at him, tell him to get up cause its just a footsweep-- how bad can the pain be afterall? he goes off the mat and ices his foot for the rest of practice.

later that night, i guess the pain was so bad that he went to the ER. turns out josh broke the guys ankle and foot-- not the right foot that he footswept, but the LEFT foot that he forced the right foot into. guy had surgery a week later to put a plate and screws into his ankle.

Dang...

Wow, an all kake no kuzushi footsweep!

Ben R.