ATTN: anti-Catholics

I had this post in another thread, but thought it warranted it's own thread. It was originally directed towards the forum jester, Jason Hornbuckle, but others that hate the Catholic Church are welcomed to answer the questions below as well.

Jason,

I'm curious as to why you are so consumed with everything negative in regards to the Catholic Church? The last 5 posts I have seen from you have been about nothing but Catholicism, and Catholics.

Do you have nothing better to do with your time, or are you so consumed with hatred that you scour the web for negative news and run here to post it? Which anti-Catholic sites do you regularly visit? (be honest!)

Where are you posts about the good work that Catholic charities and missionaries are doing?

Where are your posts about the fact that the Catholic Church preserved Scripture for centuries, so people like you can distort it to fit your bastardized view of Christianity?

Where are your posts thanking Mel Gibson, A CATHOLIC, for creating a movie based on two very CATHOLIC devotions (the stations of the cross, and the sorrowful mysteries of the rosary) that is bringing droves back to Christ? Did you see it? Did you think it was a good movie? Did you realize how very CATHOLIC it is?

Where are your posts praising people like St Maximillion Kolbe and Mother Theresa?

Where are your posts praising the Catholic Church for being the ONLY Church to not alter their moral teachings to suit the culture?

Where are your posts thanking the Catholic Church for doctrines that you hold dear, such as the Holy Trinity?

By the way, what denomination do you belong to?

I say this in an honest way. You really need to let go of the hate. It will absolutely consume you.

That being said, I don't expect to see any change from you. I have run into your types before, and you're blinded by your own pride. Dime a dozen.

May the peace of Our Lord, Jesus Christ, be with you.

"Did you see it? "

Yes

"Did you think it was a good movie? "

No

lol at you. Dude you are really something else

You know my type, huh? Don't choke on your own pretensiousness or anything.

If you're looking for my pro-Passion posts, you could scroll down a little ways. I made at lest 20 of them on different threads, here and on the OG

I don't hate Catholics at all. I think the current version of the Catholic Church is a perversion of Christianity though

"Where are your posts praising the Catholic Church for being the ONLY Church to not alter their moral teachings to suit the culture?"

A big laugh at that one.

I'd love to debate you on some of this stuff, but its really hard to take you seriously because of the way you come across. "You're so dumb, I'm so much above you, we're all equal in the eyes of God" seems to be your general approach

""Did you see it? "

Yes

"Did you think it was a good movie? "

No"

Bah, you don't count! ;^)

Jason, as usual you are avoiding my direct questions. Please answer:

Do you have nothing better to do with your time, or are you so consumed with hatred that you scour the web for negative news and run here to post it? Which anti-Catholic sites do you regularly visit? (be honest!)

Where are you posts about the good work that Catholic charities and missionaries are doing?

Where are your posts about the fact that the Catholic Church preserved Scripture for centuries, so people like you can distort it to fit your bastardized view of Christianity?

Where are your posts thanking Mel Gibson, A CATHOLIC, for creating a movie based on two very CATHOLIC devotions (the stations of the cross, and the sorrowful mysteries of the rosary) that is bringing droves back to Christ? Did you see it? Did you think it was a good movie? Did you realize how very CATHOLIC it is?

Where are your posts praising people like St Maximillion Kolbe and Mother Theresa?

Where are your posts praising the Catholic Church for being the ONLY Church to not alter their moral teachings to suit the culture?

Where are your posts thanking the Catholic Church for doctrines that you hold dear, such as the Holy Trinity?

By the way, what denomination do you belong to?

I would especially like to know what kind of church you go to.

Thank you.

"Do you have nothing better to do with your time, or are you so consumed with hatred that you scour the web for negative news and run here to post it? Which anti-Catholic sites do you regularly visit? (be honest!) "what are you talking about? Your premise, that I am consumed by hatred, is false. Your implied premise that I spend a great deal of time on anti-Catholicsm, is also false. You overlook the fact that a great deal of the threads you are talking about deal with crimes committed by Catholic priests. Why aren't you, as a Catholic, spending more time denouncing these idividuals than I am?"Where are you posts about the good work that Catholic charities and missionaries are doing? "Why would I post specifically about missions work by Catholics? My sister is a missionary, I have made posts on missions work here in the past"Where are your posts about the fact that the Catholic Church preserved Scripture for centuries, so people like you can distort it to fit your bastardized view of Christianity? "#1 the Catholic Church is not the only source of preserved Scripture, #2 my version of Christianity is not bastardized"Where are your posts thanking Mel Gibson, A CATHOLIC, for creating a movie based on two very CATHOLIC devotions (the stations of the cross, and the sorrowful mysteries of the rosary) that is bringing droves back to Christ? Did you see it? Did you think it was a good movie? Did you realize how very CATHOLIC it is? "I answered this one already, and you're too lazy to look for my posts"Where are your posts praising people like St Maximillion Kolbe and Mother Theresa? "why would i particularly want to single them out for praise?"Where are your posts praising the Catholic Church for being the ONLY Church to not alter their moral teachings to suit the culture? "the Catholic Church alters its teachings as it suits its purposes. Constantly. You may as well ask me where my posts thanking Muslims for being good Christians are"Where are your posts thanking the Catholic Church for doctrines that you hold dear, such as the Holy Trinity? "you seem to think that the Catholic Church sprang up in 1 AD and has existed unaltered from then to now. Educate yourself"By the way, what denomination do you belong to?"I was raised a Southern Baptist. I don't agree with everything they teach though

nm then

btw, it seems contradictory that you simultaneously ask me to praise Gibson "a Catholic" and you advance the view of the Catholic Church as an unchanging monolith, when Gibson belongs to a offshoot of Catholicsm that specifically rejects the changes made by the current Church in the last few decades

i don't agree that religion has to evolve with the culture. Right is always right, regardless of what the culture says. But that's beside the point of this thread

"what are you talking about? Your premise, that I am consumed by hatred, is false. "

LOL. The first step in a 12 step program is always admitting that you have a problem. Baby steps, baby steps...

"Your implied premise that I spend a great deal of time on anti-Catholicsm, is also false. You overlook the fact that a great deal of the threads you are talking about deal with crimes committed by Catholic priests."

Please. are you really implying that you don't spend a good portion of your posts on this forum bashing Catholicism? Are you really that blinded to your own actions?

"Why aren't you, as a Catholic, spending more time denouncing these idividuals than I am?"

I think these individuals that have committed these crimes are dirt bags, and deserve to become someone's bitch in a prison. How's that? However, that has no bearing on the fact that the Catholic Church was formed by Christ, and He, Himself assured us that the gates of hell would not prevail. Somehow, you seem to think that Christ does not keep his promises.

"Why would I post specifically about missions work by Catholics? My sister is a missionary, I have made posts on missions work here in the past"

Do you believe the Catholic Church has done valuable missionary work throughout history?

"#1 the Catholic Church is not the only source of preserved Scripture"

Oh really, who then preserved Scripture, in the eigth century, for example?

"#2 my version of Christianity is not bastardized"

Tell it to the judge.

"I answered this one already, and you're too lazy to look for my posts"

You did not answer this: "Did you realize how very CATHOLIC it is?" and I might add, "what do you think of the fact that is has much Catholic theology in it?"

"why would i particularly want to single them out for praise?"

You don't have to single either of those two out. Pick your own. Please tell me one or two Catholics that you admire. This should be interesting...

"the Catholic Church alters its teachings as it suits its purposes. Constantly."

Name one time a moral teaching was changed to suit the culture. Also, along with that, please cite your primary source used for it.

"You may as well ask me where my posts thanking Muslims for being good Christians are"

Isn't it ironic, that you, of all people, try to judge who is Christian, and who isn't? Do you realize that people on the HolyGround can also read your posts on the OG? Based on the things you post on the OG, you are hardly a model of Christianity.

"you seem to think that the Catholic Church sprang up in 1 AD and has existed unaltered from then to now."

hhhmmmm...I use Scripture to support my claim. What do you use? Your own infallible OPINION???

"I was raised a Southern Baptist."

Now that's a shocker.

"I don't agree with everything they teach though"

That's a shocker too. But you still avoided the question: What denom do you belong to NOW?!?!?

"when Gibson belongs to a offshoot of Catholicsm that specifically rejects the changes made by the current Church in the last few decades"

Please explain what "offshoot" Gibson belongs to.

Also, please cite a quote from Gibson himself that states that he is a member of an "offshoot" group.

I eagerly await the quote, because I have yet to see one. If you can't, than you are merely spreading rumors....but then again, I should expect that from you.

seriously Kolbe, there is so much i could say to all that crap, but its just not worth it to me. I would like to point out, not that you'll listen, that your arrogance and assumption of superiority are unCristlike. Not that we all don't fall short, but its ridiculously apparent in your case.

you're projecting things on me and reading things into my comments that are not in me. you use scripture when it suits you, and then ignore the fact that the Church you belong to ignores scripture when it suits them.

btw, it doesn't say anywhere in the Bible that the Church has existed unaltered from Jesus to now, so you're simply wrong there.

"seriously Kolbe, there is so much i could say to all that crap, but its just not worth it to me."

That's not surprising to me.

"I would like to point out, not that you'll listen, that your arrogance and assumption of superiority are unCristlike. Not that we all don't fall short, but its ridiculously apparent in your case."

Actually, I am very humble with my faith. It's just that I have no patience or tolerance when it comes to bigots.

"you're projecting things on me and reading things into my comments that are not in me."

That's funny...there are plenty of non-Catholics on this board who are NOT anti-Catholic. And yet, I don't see them spending their time on this forum posting every Catholic bashing article that they can find. hhhmmm....

By the way, you declined to tell me which anti-Catholic sites you visit. Are you at least man enough to fess up?

"you use scripture when it suits you, and then ignore the fact that the Church you belong to ignores scripture when it suits them."

Again, please cite something. Unless you can cite something, you have nothing more than diarrhea of the mouth. It's funny, every time I ask you to cite something, you ignore that request, such as the Gibson thing.

"btw, it doesn't say anywhere in the Bible that the Church has existed unaltered from Jesus to now, so you're simply wrong there."

Would you like for me to provide the proof for this? If so, we can get into it. First and foremost though, I would like to set out the debate rules...no ad hominems, strawman attacks, no "having other people rescue Jason when he has no clue", etc.

Also, you have yet to tell me what denomination you belong to now. So, what is it?

I am not Anti-Catholic, I am pro word of God.

That's funny lueng jon, because I posted more Scripture in defense of the Real Presence of the Eucharist than you could imagine. You failed to refute any of it, or post anything in Scripture that rebuked the Real Presence.

You are pro-Word of God, so long as it suits your already help opinions.

Jason,

There are still a slew of questions that you have ignored thus far. Would you like me to summarize them for you so you don't have to search through the thread?

Secondly, I would again invite you to debate ANY Catholic dogma/doctrine with you. As I stated earlier, we will just need to lay some ground rules.

I look forward to exposing you...errrr....debating you.

LOL Bludhall...thank you for that laugh :-) It is much appreciated (in a genuine way).

"Wow StKolbe. You sure come across as an arrogant asshole. "My religion is better than yours""

That's your opinion, and you're certainly entitled to it.

Keep in mind that there is a long history here that you are unaware of.

Peace be with you.

"Do you and Mel Gibson subscribe to the same Catholic doctrines and have the same beliefs?"

Considering we are both Catholic, I would hazard a guess would be "yes", but without any specific information about what doctrines you are referring to, it's hard to say. Care to elaborate a little?

StKolbe: "your bastardized view of Christianity"

You're rants reveal that you are anti-Protestant.