ATTN: Bolo; Illigal tape trading

"The "last time" we had to contact him, he pulled this same "I'm innocent, made a mistake" excuse... after initially denying that he was selling copies at all. His first reply to us was that he knew copying was illegal and would "never do that and hurt your company." That was until he was contacted by the appropriate authority..."

This never happened. I never said anything like that. The only contact I have had with you was two days ago.

"If you cant find it there e-mail me for it. Please only e-mail me asking for it if you have tapes that might be on it (Mr Jenn, Mr Tripp, Mr Sonnon, etc). I wont send it out just so people can get a list of illigal copies for sale."

Of course you have the list since you were very interested in tapes on it. Why don't you tell them where you got your copies of Michael Jen's leglock tapes from a few months ago? I notice you didn't mention that to him when asking for his help. Or should I dig up the old emails from you and prove it. You remember those don't you? The ones where you said you wanted me to delete any records of you so that it wouldn't be traced to you if I got in trouble. Well needless to say I didn't.

Like i said, i'm done with tape sales. I talked to the FBI and explained everything to them. They told me what can happened and have told me they will be in touch with me to make sure i'm telling the truth when I said i'm done. The last time I spoke to them was 3 weeks ago and it was suggested by them that I get rid of my tapes. Maybe trying to sell them off was a bad idea so i'm just giving them away to friends. There's nothing more that needs be said. If you have any additional questions then email me.

For what it is worth, here are my feelings.

My tapes are VERY cheap (in terms of price) for the
material you are going to get on them. So to save
five or ten bucks, people would rather buy from this
guy?

Well, I hope that five bucks meant you now could
get that operation or feed your starving family.

Because you sold your honor, your honesty, and
your self-respect to save five bucks.

I can't stop a thief, but if you don't like seeing your
name in here, then change your behavior.

Way to go guys! Stick together and dont let someone else profit off of your hard work and determination.

This should not be removed if any of us spent our time/money and effort to produce something and then someone came along and just tried to resell it so they could try to make an easy buck you sure as sh_t would want everyone to know and try to band together as a community to prevent this.

we represent the judo community and should not stand for people who try to rip people off.

while reading this thread something seemed very odd. I had come across this persons webpage only 3 days ago. While I didnt find any of the above mentioned illegally copied tapes, I didnt find something else of interest.

On his site he also now selling a Valderi Silva t-shirt. The only problem with this is that the logo he is using for the shirt was designed by a forum member (dr_boudreaux). However he does not have any legal rights to the piece. I posted this information on the UG a few days ago which sparked a very similar response as this one.

It says: NOT TO BE RESOLD.I'm pretty sure that part of the license is not enforceable (by the "first sale" doctrine). Of course, I am not a lawyer. See below.Section 109 of the Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. 109, permits the owner of a particular copy or phonorecord lawfully made under title 17 to sell or otherwise dispose of possession of that copy or phonorecord without the authority of the copyright owner, notwithstanding the copyright owner's exclusive right of distribution under 17 U.S.C. 106(3). Commonly referred to as the ``first sale doctrine,'' this provision permits such activities as the sale of used books. The first sale doctrine is subject to limitations that permit a copyright owner to prevent the unauthorized commercial rental of computer programs and sound recordings.

Princeofarmlocks,

You really have no clue. Name an instructional since 1994 or a little earlier and Thomas has PURCHASED it. He devotes a large portion of his free time to chronicling and training in the martial arts. If you by 2 instructional each pay period(twice a month)for 12 months how many is that(the answer is 48). Thomas did this and more when possible.

For those that doubt this you would just have to know. Don't assume guilty until it is proven. I know that Thomas is not still trying to sell "copies" of his tapes. He is getting rid of his originals.

This needs to be removed from this forum. IT DOES NOT FIT THE GUIDELINES FOR THIS FORUM UNDER THE RULES THAT HAVE BEEN RECENTLY REINFORCED.

Jarvis

Ummmm....

Scott runs the sambo end, if he wants to get into
this, it is his right as a forum host to do so.

heelhooker74,

You know damn well that I've mailed you countless times over the years since you took my money, and you've never come through with a refund or the shirt.

I have copies of all these emails as well as the Yahoo receipt for my payment. You're not fooling anyone.

-Dan

This guy sounds like an addict who can't get off of drugs after getting caught!!

How could you even THINK of selling even original tapes after the freakin FBI comes knocking on your door about selling illegal tapes.

Just call this Agent Glass guy in San Jose since he has a history with him & get him arrested or in jail.

Enough bullshit already. If there's proof & he is actually still doing it I would think it's a no brainer!

Marco

That guy is also prating my videos. The videos in question are...

Stomps, Smothers, and Bellyflops - The Fat Man's Guide to Submission Fighting

How to Fight (But not win!) on ham sandwiches and Little Debbie Snacks.

heelhooker74,

That's funny. Maybe you should spend less time eating and more time making those shirts that you accepted money for and never delivered.

Is this the reason you rarely post here or on the Underground anymore?

Don't you think refunding my money (and the other forum members you ripped off) would have been the right thing to do?

-Dan

this definitely was not the place for that. If you ever ordered a shirt from me, you undoubtedly have my email address. Try using it. Now in fact.

Im not trying to fool ANYONE. Email me. Now.

Hi Scott,Firstly, this issue does not regard the 1st Sale Doc. Rather, it regards the illegal sale of STOLEN (copies) fascmiles of intellectual property.Right. I wasn't talking about the thief. I was only talking about the first sale doctrine and your license. Personally, I'm glad to see copyright thieves prosecuted to the full extent of the law.Secondly, you may take this up with your trademark lawyer if you wish. It is the limitations imposed by a copyright owner to prevent the commercial rental and reproduction of video (intellectual property.) Personally, I could care less of "Jed" sells his copy of "Tape X" to his cousin "Sally." However, there are people like this individual who CRY INNOCENCE while concealing their criminal behavior, using the "harmless resale" of their "purchased product."I understand, and I agree that the person in question was most likely hiding behind the first sale doctrine (among other things). I just think it is important that people understand that it cannot be illegal to sell a properly obtained original, whatever the license may say.

Hmm as per the last part I would say contact Microsoft, as original property is only a liscense by the first buyer to use said property. Notice, no transference of liscense, by their defintions which "have stood up in court", so therefore have precedent working for them which is very hard (if not impossible to overturn!). i.e the second buyer would have to purchase in addition to the material, a liscense to "use" said material, (i.e. sure I can do Tae-Bo, but can I legally do Tae-Bo?) As for the first couple for parts, I'll pay the extra couple bucks and sleep better, let me know when the winter release of the knuckledragger book comes out=).