Attn: British OG'ers

My family is English. I used to go visit every year for like 10 years until I realized the cost after having family n kids.

One of my fondest drink memories was a Snakebite n black. For you not in the know; it's half Guinness and half cider with a touch of Black current syrup.

My question is.. Is the rumour true that it's banned these days? Or do pubs refuse to serve it due to Lads getting fucked up quick?
It was my favourite drink when my Cousin was in Uni and id visit those years.
Too bad Canada doesn't keep Black Current behind the bar. I'd be all over it Phone Post 3.0

Ha..... I had so forgotten this urban myth....
No, serving snakebite is not illegal.... However through my teenage drinking years my friends and I would drink it and boast of how it's illegal as it fucks you up..... Phone Post 3.0

Snakebite is lager and Cider, guiness and cider is a black velvet Phone Post 3.0

Loads of places won't serve it, you can't get it pretty much everywhere in the north east..Scotland won't serve you it, you will just get a half of lager, half of cider and a pint glass to mix it yourself Phone Post 3.0

You can get it in the north east that should read. I drink it sometimes, Stella and dry cider......leave the blackcurrant out though, that's classed as a cocktail in Sunderland Phone Post 3.0

something random - I know it as half a pint of beer (lager) and half a pint of strong cider with blackcurrant. The Guinness version sounds horrible. Phone Post 3.0

Correct.

When it has Blackcurrant in, it's called DIESEL.

Fuck i remember snakebite from my metal head days! Phone Post 3.0

It was always lager and cider with blackcurrant when I was young. Mostly served in goth and metal clubs.

scaredy cat - It was always lager and cider with blackcurrant when I was young. Mostly served in goth and metal clubs.

Spiders in Hull were doing Snakebites (Diesel) for about 1.50 in 1995.

lol

Can you even get a half of cooking lager for that anywhere that's not spoons any more?

I got a pint of diesel in Scotland last month, some places will sell you it no bother. Phone Post 3.0

Worst states I've been in was off snakebite..

Half lager / cider , blackcurrant. Phone Post 3.0

I have a question for our british ogers.
Does Milo Yiannopolous have a gay lisp?
I cant tell if he does or if hes just british. Phone Post 3.0

My flatmate at uni was studying medicine. Once a year they pay £50 quid to the medical society. They have a weekly medsoc piss up, where the only drink is an unlimited supply of snakebites served in jugs for free.

I've never seen as many fucked up people in my life. And they do this weekly. And they're all future doctors. Scary stuff. Phone Post 3.0

viorage - Wtf is black currant? Phone Post 3.0

It's a type of cordial, concentrated juice, add water.

45forever - Worst states I've been in was off snakebite..

I've heard this many times but I don't understand it, its just larger and cider (neither of which are very strong) so I wonder why it gets people so fucked up? Phone Post 3.0

It's blackcurrant , a currant is a berry lol Phone Post 3.0

the boozer I worked at back in the day would not serve snakies. They had to buy them in separate half's and ask for a pint pot lol.

It's certainly not illegal though. Phone Post 3.0

NutJobJim -

I've heard this many times but I don't understand it, its just larger and cider (neither of which are very strong) so I wonder why it gets people so fucked up? Phone Post 3.0
Probably because it tastes quite nice and you can therefore tank loads of it.

That more than anything else. Phone Post 3.0

45forever -
NutJobJim -

Probably because it tastes quite nice and you can therefore tank loads of it.

That more than anything else. Phone Post 3.0
It's def true that it gets you twatted worse than cider or lager, used to drink it in uni before going out, big bottle of strongbow and 4 cans of Polish lager.

Lethal. Phone Post 3.0