ATTN DANA: Gonzaga vs. Tuchscherer = RIDICULOUS!

piratepirate - and moreover, 5 full minutes is PLENTY of time to recover from a nut shot.
He was wearing a cup for gods sake.

I am sure the guy is tough, but I think he way over played it.

I agree, The wrestling with the doctors and shit. Din Thomas took a way harder kick to the junk and fought on. Gonzaga won fair and square.

Gonzonga just strikes me as dirty. I don't know why I feel that way.

I think Gonzaga won the fight fair and square!

tuch wants to be a fuckin fighter!

Knux -  gif or video of him puking?

Did you hurt your pets as a kid?

Brian Rule - So what exactly determines the difference between a DQ and NC? "Intent"?

The problem is that now fighters are just starting to throw the inside leg kick without much concern for the rules let alone their opponent's well-being. Basically for a willing fighter, if he throws what looks like a leg kick and hits the guy SQUARE in the nuts, apparently it's just an 'accident' and it's no one's fault. That's BS, it's the fault of the guy who threw it. Rogan discusses this problem every time it happens and thankfully he does, it needs to be better addressed.

Sadly, it's hilarious that after the timeout Gonzaga immediately goes head hunting, knowing that his crippled Tuchscherer with a kick to the balls and nothing else. Shitty way to win IMO

Settle down. If Tuchsherer couldn't continue, then he shouldn't have. You're going to fault Gonzaga for going out there and winning the fight? What should he have done, jabbed around for two rounds until Chris felt better? 

Gonzaga did nothing wrong, it was ONE kick to the groin on an inside leg kick, not a repeated attack on the dudes whambag. No Contest would have been fine, but I'm beyond okay with Gonzaga getting the W.

I really hope he gets another fight. He has a lot to offer the UFC heavyweight division and it would be a shame to let him go.

Tuchscherer will have another fight.

SitOnYoDong -  cant blame the ref, cant blame gonzaga

maybe blame the doctor- surely it was his responsibility after speaking with the kid, to detrmine whether or not it should continue.  The kid showed major heart and ...balls?... and wanted to continue.  It would be the docs job to end it in that case.

in terms of gonzaga, what is he to do?  he is still in there being paid to perform, paid to do his job- you cant blame him for going for the finish.  no poor sportsmanship on his part- he did everything he was supposed to.

the ref?  I thought the ref was being very clear and direct when telling him to get active or defend- warned him a few times, and each time he did the kid tried to scramble.  Cant blame him for not stopping it when he is giving clear direction and the fighter is hearing him and making a clear attempt to follow the advice of the ref.

overall, very unfortunate, but in my opinion, everyone did their jobs well there, EXCEPT perhaps the doctor, but only the doctor and Turchscherer know that for sure

I find it pretty obvious that a head kick will land after a nut shot like that. After taking a kick like that, he is going to instictively try and defend his nuts from any incoming kick, high or low. Same thing happened to Munoz in his fight against Hamill, except Hamill threw legal leg kicks to get Munoz to start blocking low.

You can see Tuscherer move to block a low kick. Obviously, I don't know if that was going through Gonzaga's head, knowing that he could easily land a head kick. If it was, then I think it was very dirty.

CocoonOfHorror - 
well in fairness to Tuchererer, HE has testicles...

Riiight.

NFL players wear the same cups MMA fighters do,
constantly 200+ lb men drop legs, knees, etc.. onto your cup,
they aren't rolling around and puking.

Hockey players have been hit with sticks in the crotch,
I could go on and on.

These guys are CAGE FIGHTERS, for gods sake,
not pretty pretty princess.
They wear a cup, it really doesn't hurt that bad.
If it does, you're not wearing your cup properly.

I dont blame Gabriel.
Crazy he was not on the main card

I don't blame Gabe. But hey, wtf? Why didn't they stop the fight and rule it a NC after a fighter was kicked so hard to the nads that he PUKED!?!?! WTF?!?!

Tuchscherer is one tough dude for TRYING to continue the fight after that. He's tough anyway...

piratepirate - and moreover, 5 full minutes is PLENTY of time to recover from a nut shot.

Let me kick you in the nuts with a cup on....idiot!

SIGNED. BIG Bonus for Tuchschere!

Tuchscherer isn't ready for the UFC.

The fight was pathetic. It should have been a no contest. I'll be surprised if that guy has any balls left literally. Props to the dude for having the will to fight.

lowdown - 

Let me kick you in the nuts with a cup on....idiot!

exactly...Can still take some damage down there, especially if one of the boys gets under the edge of the cup.

Can't blame Gabe at all. As soon as the fight restarts, he's doing his best to win. If head hunting is the way to do it, then that's what he should do.

Tuchscherer v Joe Son in a "No Cup, Balls are legal" fight. Make it happen BLAF

Are thai cups illegal in UFC or something?

If you've never taken a serious shot to the pills, you can' begin to understand what it does to you.  It can take the fight right out of a person.  I know, I've been there, got the T-Shirt to prove it.