ATTN: Dean Lister

Wondering what your take is on Palhares in general and the whole "Scandal" about his game.

Anyone can chime in but I wonder what DL thinks. He's a good guy with sick leg locks.

ttt

ChaosOverkill - 

ttt

VU

Don't expect Dean to be UGing on a Wed night but he'll be here eventually.

TTT for dean Phone Post 3.0

Good Question, Fo Laytah Phone Post 3.0

I'll nag Dean to post.

In for answers from more experienced BJJers

Good post OP, in for Deans response. Phone Post 3.0

In for an educated reply. Phone Post 3.0

In Phone Post

ttt

Although not Dean himself The Tooth posted this in his thread.

The Tooth - 

Today is the last day of training for ADCC.

BTW I was just with Galvao (who had his share of drama w/ Palhares at ADCC), also w/ Dean Lister, et al. Not one person I talked to thinks Palhares' actions were in any way defensible. Anyways

And if you do read this, Dean.  Gratz and GL @ ADCC!

Sub'd for insight Phone Post 3.0

In. And thanks for the quote THE Kevin Chandler.

OK i'll put in my 2 cents..

No it wasn't appropriate for Palhares to hold that long on the submission... It really wasn't, he did similar to my friend Thomasz Drwal from Poland as well, Thomasz ended up ok but yeah he was hurt... With that said I must say that Palhares is really nice guy, just he's a bit "different headwise" lets just say, I don't think he was trying to be a bad sport, of course he was trying to take opponents knee home with him, his intentions were to win the fight, I don't "think" he was trying to be a bad sport (or i may be wrong, someone said he had beef with opponent). He isn't a very complicated guy, I know him, he's really cool guy and I'm sorry to see him banned from UFC. He as a person doesn't deserve it but his actions have set this in stone looks like. UFC needs to/will use this as an example.. So Yes I think he held on grossly too long and that behavior cannot be tolerated especially after this already happening before. It would prove in UFC's mind a liability to UFC.

he has 2 speeds "GO" or "NO GO"

I also know many really nice people who have a drinking problem and have gotten a DUI.... Yes they are really nice people but they still have to pay the penalty when caught

Voted UP OP, the quote, and Mr. Lister.  Thanks gentlemen.

What I appreciate the most about this forum is the genuine, no-bullshit, been-there, done-that expertise.  Where the fuck else can I discuss MMA with actual professionals?

DeanLister - he has 2 speeds "GO" or "NO GO"

Does this cause problems for him during training? Phone Post

DeanLister - I also know many really nice people who have a drinking problem and have gotten a DUI.... Yes they are really nice people but they still have to pay the penalty when caught
Good analogy

Also, if you're ever in New England I challenge you to a grappling match. World champ black belt vs best purple belt on earth. Phone Post 3.0