ATTN Death and Taxes(or whoever else knows taxes)

So, its tax season guys, and life is trying to fuck everything up.

Over the last year, I started working with a new company and it appears they haven’t been taking out my City Tax as they should have been, now I’m getting fucked and have to pay that back. Fair enough, I like my city.

I was going to be claiming my daughter this year as I’m in the “low income” bracket and I’ve claimed zero dependents all year and filed as “single”. I figured this would leave me with decent return and could give my girlfriend and I some room to breathe financially. And pay off the city tax.

Well my girlfriends mother is a crazy bitch. Plain and simple. Over the past few years she has had massive tax issues and it has been snowballing on her and it seems like she’s looking for an easy out and claimed my daughter on HER taxes for the year. My girlfriend and daughter were briefly living with her for the first half of last year, and the whole time I was paying for everything for our daughter. Food, diapers, you name it I paid it.

So what the fuck do I do? Do I call the IRS? Can I still claim my daughter? Did I just get fucked in the ass? I’m going to H&R block Wednesday. I need some legit help and advice here people.

Ttt Phone Post 3.0

Ttt Phone Post 3.0

I to have a question for D&T Phone Post 3.0

I'm no expert but u should be able to claim your daughter. Just be ready because u and ur girlfriends mother could get audited.

Also, if your girlfriend's mother is crazy, your girlfriend will most likely also turn crazy. Just a warning. Phone Post 3.0

As long as you have some sort of proof for whatever you are claimjnv you should be fine. Phone Post 3.0

Sub Phone Post 3.0

Nexuscrawlers - As long as you have some sort of proof for whatever you are claimjnv you should be fine. Phone Post 3.0

I'm not sure what I would have. I'm on the birth certificate, and that's about it.

Girlfriends name isn't on the lease, and I don't have any diaper receipts or anything like that laying around(I don't know, just throwing that out there).

Girlfriend is pissed but just wants to let this slide to shave any troubles. I'm furious.

Aaronrodgers=GOAT - I to have a question for D&T Phone Post 3.0
Ttt Phone Post 3.0

I posted on his alien thread but he never came back. Phone Post 3.0

unless the mom was the guardian

she can't claim her daughters baby

you are fine

you both might get audited if your daughters social security number shows up twice... no big deal though

john76 - unless the mom was the guardian

she can't claim her daughters baby

you are fine

you both might get audited if your daughters social security number shows up twice... no big deal though

But my girlfriend and daughter were living with her for most of the year, but I had my daughter as much as humanly possible(every other day, weekends when I could). Could this effect claiming her?

Also, my girlfriends mother claimed my girlfriend(who is 24) who works under-the-table, so she's scared if I claim our daughter, she'll be audited.

Fuck guys. This blows.

You aren't really asking a tax question. You're asking us to resolve a family argument for you.

Two different people claiming the same two dependents is very likely to trigger audits for both.

The financially prudent thing to do here is determine who will benefit the most from the dependents & claim them on that tax return. From your descriptions, that's going to be the mom, not you or your girlfriend.

The legal i.e. the post-audit answer is probably going to be the same.

I would try to resolve this with your mother in law before it gets to that point. If you politely explain the additional hardship, maybe she'll be inclined to kick a little coin your way. Don't expect it though.

If you're hurting from city tax, your first priority should be finding a better gig anyway. Let this go & worry about that instead.

Death and Taxes -
Aaronrodgers=GOAT - I to have a question for D&T Phone Post 3.0

?

Can I pm you ? Phone Post 3.0

I'll hit you up later when I get to a comp. It's a simple question but I would like the advice of a professional. Phone Post 3.0

Demand a payment from mother in law or otherwise tell her IRS will audit her.

Problem solved and you might get laid from her also. Phone Post 3.0