Attn Defense Soap: Triclosan Health Effects?

Just saw this research on Triclosan, linking it to certain concerning health impacts. Since you are obviously more familiar with these concerns, can you shed any light on them?

Defense Soap is free of this chemical, from what I have read. Is that correct?

Here's the article:

Chemical in many antibacterial soaps linked with impaired muscle function

Introduced in the 1970s, the compound triclosan has become an increasingly popular ingredient in many antibacterial soaps and other personal-care items, such as deodorants and mouthwashes.  However, as the chemical’s popularity continues to grow, a recent report has raised concerns about some frightening risks that triclosan could pose to public health.

A new study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences has revealed that exposure to triclosan is linked with muscle function impairments in humans and mice, as well as slowing the swimming of fish.  By reducing contractions in both cardiac and skeletal muscles, the chemical has the potential to contribute to heart disease and heart failure.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/08/14/chemical-in-many-antibacterial-soaps-linked-with-impaired-muscle-function/?intcmp=trending#ixzz23cu2GUTN

Firing up the signal for your attention!

No wonder I got fat after I started using Defense Soap!

in

-Until Guy

and lol @ Tom 

Stop eating the soap.... tell that pretty wife of yours to cook you a steak...... mediu

nevermind... I forgot, she has you cook her steak 

Triclosan is under review for health effects
But still available in every stores anti bacterial soaps and even added to gym mats and worked into socks.

Also in Colgate total Phone Post

RickStorm -  -Until Guy

and lol @ Tom 

Stop eating the soap.... tell that pretty wife of yours to cook you a steak...... mediu

nevermind... I forgot, she has you cook her steak 

Damn, Tom. At least you didn't chose LifeBoy!!

Zedlepln

We knew this day would be coming. When we researched potential ingredients for Defense Soap we naturally looked at Triclosan. After reading the side effects and the studies that were available back in 2005 we knew to steer clear.

Triclosan is classified by the FDA as a pesticide. Red Flag #1. When we saw a study showing traces of Triclosan in woman's breast milk who used products containing the chemical Red Flag #2 popped up. When we saw that it was banned in half of Europe Red Flag #3 sealed the deal. Defense Soap would be Triclosan free.

When I developed Defense Soap I did so because my son and myself needed it. When you are creating something for yourself rather then for profit you tend not to take shortcuts or in this case use ingredients that you wouldn't put on your own child.

The question is "What will my competitors say that use Triclosan who have been slamming Tea Tree Oil for years?" When the FDA finally bans this poison what will they turn to?

Thanks for sharing the article. You really made my day.

Guy
Defense Soap

DefenseSoap - Zedlepln

We knew this day would be coming. When we researched potential ingredients for Defense Soap we naturally looked at Triclosan. After reading the side effects and the studies that were available back in 2005 we knew to steer clear.

Triclosan is classified by the FDA as a pesticide. Red Flag #1. When we saw a study showing traces of Triclosan in woman's breast milk who used products containing the chemical Red Flag #2 popped up. When we saw that it was banned in half of Europe Red Flag #3 sealed the deal. Defense Soap would be Triclosan free.

When I developed Defense Soap I did so because my son and myself needed it. When you are creating something for yourself rather then for profit you tend not to take shortcuts or in this case use ingredients that you wouldn't put on your own child.

The question is "What will my competitors say that use Triclosan who have been slamming Tea Tree Oil for years?" When the FDA finally bans this poison what will they turn to?

Thanks for sharing the article. You really made my day.

Guy
Defense Soap

Sadly, with the attack on supplements that is going on, you will see Tea Tree Oil banned (for use in supplements or health products) before Triclosan.

One is FDA approved for use in health care products, the other is not...

Guy is the man. Phone Post

tea tree is wildly popular all over the world, i would be suprised to see a ban

UGCTT_SidRival - 

Guy is the man. Phone Post

For sure. Defense soap is some amazing stuff.

The Wizzle - tea tree is wildly popular all over the world, i would be suprised to see a ban

So is ephedrine...

Did shit just get real?

cupertrooper - Did shit just get real?

That's a big 10-4, rubber duck.

By the way, I had no idea I was tossing Guy a softball, but I gotta love his answer. I'm glad there are people who make business decisions for the right reasons. I'm equally glad that I am a customer of at least one of those people.

Zedlepln,

I know it wasn't your intent but my response is as close to the heart as possible. I am very passionate about this company and our mission.

Guy
Defense Soap

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triclosan

List of products that contain triclosan:

http://drbenkim.com/articles/triclosan-products.htm

I am curious to see how the companies who use Triclosan respond to this report. Will they pull it right away or will they continue to use it waiting for government intervention.

If you owned a company that used Triclosan in your products what would you do?

Guy
Defense Soap

damn I didn't know defense soap uses tea tree oil. i always use it Phone Post

Wow....

Scary stuff, was happy to see I don't use any products on the list of triclosan products.

Great product and great response Guy! Phone Post