Attn DFW: Alves or Kampmann vs Penn

Alright I orginally posted this last night when I got home from work but I feel pretty strongly on this, I haven't seen anyone else make this suggestions yet and think it would work out for everyone which is why I'm going to repost this now. (Plus I feel somewhat cheated on feedback due to my late hour posting thanks to my work schedule.) So here it is:

I know all this talk is floating around to throw Diaz at him but why reward a guy who just burned you. Regardless of whatever excuse Diaz comes up with doesn't justify his terrible business decision to no call no show TWICE! Giving him the Penn fight still puts money in his pocket which is obviously what he wants. I'd personally much rather see Thiago Alves or Martin Kampmann against Penn. I think both fighters would put on a great show and I don't believe either one is scheduled to fight soon? Forgive me if I'm wrong about the scheduling. Thoughts?

This might be a stretch but give Penn, Alves or Kampmann. Winner of that takes on the winner of Shields/Ellenberger. Winner of that takes on winner of GSP vs Cond eerr GSP. The scheduling works so I say make it happen DFW!

12 hours ago

MY APOLOGIES! APPARENTLY I JUST LEARNED HOW TO COPY AND PASTE SOMETHING!

I know all this talk is floating around to throw Diaz at him but why reward a guy who just burned you. Regardless of whatever excuse Diaz comes up with doesn't justify his terrible business decision to no call no show TWICE! Giving him the Penn fight still puts money in his pocket which is obviously what he wants. I'd personally much rather see Thiago Alves or Martin Kampmann against Penn. I think both fighters would put on a great show and I don't believe either one is scheduled to fight soon? Forgive me if I'm wrong about the scheduling. Thoughts?

This might be a stretch but give Penn, Alves or Kampmann. Winner of that takes on the winner of Shields/Ellenberger. Winner of that takes on winner of GSP vs Cond eerr GSP. The scheduling works so I say make it happen DFW!

why whould either of them get the fight if they are coming off a loss?? makes no sense. wee need either fitch rematch or somebody like Anthony Johnson would be great

Kampmann got screwed out of the decision to Sanchez (re-watch the fight if you don't believe me.) Kampmann also beat Condit. Alves got wrestle fucked by Story which I don't see happening against Penn. Penn, Alves and Kampmann like to stand and bang so worst case scenario we get to see a 3 rd war. I like Anthony Johnson but I'm worried he's on the path to use his wrestling to lay on top of someone for 3 rds to play it safe like he did his last fight.

Kampman lost that fight regardless of what we think although i do agree with you which is why snachez was the one fighting hughes and not kampman. Second thing REALLY?? kampman beat condit??? that is past time bro you cant bring that type of thing up. When it comes to the fighting game your only as good as your last fight previous things dont matter. Alves got beat by story cleanly so just bcuz BJs style doesnt lend to that happening again doesnt mean alves should jump ahead people who are actually winning.

end of thread/

championbreed1 - Kampman lost that fight regardless of what we think although i do agree with you which is why snachez was the one fighting hughes and not kampman. Second thing REALLY?? kampman beat condit??? that is past time bro you cant bring that type of thing up. When it comes to the fighting game your only as good as your last fight previous things dont matter. Alves got beat by story cleanly so just bcuz BJs style doesnt lend to that happening again doesnt mean alves should jump ahead people who are actually winning.

end of thread/

I SOMEWHAT agree with you that fighters are only as good as their last fight. This wouldn't be the first time in the UFC where a fighter jumps in front of another and maybe more deserving fighter. As we all know matches aren't always decided on records and rather style matchups. If the UFC wants to make up for the Nick Diaz debacle then give the fans a fight that not only almost guarantees fireworks but has the ability to set of some great matches in the near future  (Penn vs Shields, Kampmann vs Shields, Condit vs Ellenberger II, Alves vs Ellenberger etc...) Who would you rather see Penn fight championbreed?