ATTN: DFW Having the UFC on Fuel TV = NOT GOOD

Chris27 - 
AhYeAh - I see what you are saying Chris, but it still leaves us loyal fans out. But if Dana see's that alot of us do not or cannot get fuel tv perhaps he will make things right like he has in the past.

By doing what?

How would he make things right? Honestly do you think he gives a fuck if some fans are pissed right now?

Focus that anger at Comcast and other carriers that dont have it and demand the network or switch to get it if you really want to see it.

Like I said the UFC/Fox will take a hit if in two years they can get Fuel from 30 mill to 70 or 80 mill homes it was worth it.

Thinking Dana is gonna make things right, doing what? You think they are gonna abandon the plan to build Fuel and air everything on FX? UFC is doing 2200 hours of UFC programming next year, Fox and FX cant handle that, they are moving forward with Fuel, instead of bitching at Dana, bitch to Comcast and maybe we can get Fuel.

I'm not mad about the events, frankly I can find a stream in 5 seconds for any card/fight on any network so thats not a problem, the thing that pisses me off is not having the unleashed, best of prides, weigh ins, pre/post fight shows, weekly magazine shows, the shoulder programming, thats what pisses me off.

Sure I'd rather be able to watch prelims and Fight cards on my nice tv rather than a stream on my computer but I'll deal with it, not being able to watch the other programming is what pisses me off.

Some us dont have the luxury to watch it on streams do to having company over etc. I Just want Dana to realize alot of us fans do not have fuel.

Having a product like UFC on your channel will get it into more homes. Just like putting the UFC on Versus helped get the channel get back on DirecTV.

AhYeAh - 
Chris27 - 
AhYeAh - I see what you are saying Chris, but it still leaves us loyal fans out. But if Dana see's that alot of us do not or cannot get fuel tv perhaps he will make things right like he has in the past.

By doing what?

How would he make things right? Honestly do you think he gives a fuck if some fans are pissed right now?

Focus that anger at Comcast and other carriers that dont have it and demand the network or switch to get it if you really want to see it.

Like I said the UFC/Fox will take a hit if in two years they can get Fuel from 30 mill to 70 or 80 mill homes it was worth it.

Thinking Dana is gonna make things right, doing what? You think they are gonna abandon the plan to build Fuel and air everything on FX? UFC is doing 2200 hours of UFC programming next year, Fox and FX cant handle that, they are moving forward with Fuel, instead of bitching at Dana, bitch to Comcast and maybe we can get Fuel.

I'm not mad about the events, frankly I can find a stream in 5 seconds for any card/fight on any network so thats not a problem, the thing that pisses me off is not having the unleashed, best of prides, weigh ins, pre/post fight shows, weekly magazine shows, the shoulder programming, thats what pisses me off.

Sure I'd rather be able to watch prelims and Fight cards on my nice tv rather than a stream on my computer but I'll deal with it, not being able to watch the other programming is what pisses me off.

Some us dont have the luxury to watch it on streams do to having company over etc. I Just want Dana to realize alot of us fans do not have fuel.

He wont care, you have to realize the long term goal of doing this, thats all that matters.

if the UFC doesnt put exclusive content on Fuel, live fights, prelims etc nobody is gonna care about Fuel, no carriers are gonna carry the channel etc. the goal is to use the UFC to build the channel and get it into more homes, thats what they are gonna do and I'll bet it works, maybe not right away but within 2 years I would be willing to bet its n twice as many homes as it is in today.

SIGNED

Fuel TV isn't even available in Canada. The good ol' CRTC won't allow it to be shown here. You know, Canada... the mecca of MMA. Can't get FX either. F*ck me.

Exactly. UFC being on Fuel TV with new first run programming will encourage more providers to pick it up.

That and Bas Rutten's Punk Payback.

Chris27 - 

By doing what?

lol you think adding UFC programming will take Fuel to 200% of it's viewership? now THAT is delusion. especially when you figure spike was thrilled at 1 million viewers.

Fuel TV is actually a pretty solid channel. It specializes in action sports and has had solid MMA coverage for the past year through segments on Action Sports Plus, fighters appearing on the Daily Habit, and bouts airing from Shark Fights and Legend FC.

This is why they're going to be able to devote most of the channel's programming to the UFC beginning in 2012.

While Fuel's reach is rather limited right now, it seems to be in the UFC's best interest to build up Fuel TV and take some losses in the short term.

The major aspects of the FOX deal; the live cards on FOX and TUF broadcasting live on FX, were just too good to pass up.

Anybody saying that channels like Versus or G4 would have been better are wrong, because those channels have just as little reach, if not less, than Fuel does (G4 was even dropped by DirecTV over a year ago due to ridiculously low ratings).